ATX Community

1041 Question

TAG

I've become brain-dead. I've got a fairly simple 1041. Pg 1 line 2a total ordinary dividends=5,125; line 4 capital gain (loss)= -3,000.

The question: Should the -3,000 from the Sch D (1041) be on the K-1 ? If so, where?

Thank you.

I've gone through decades of tax seasons, but I feel this has been the hardess one yet.

I've become brain-dead. I've got a fairly simple 1041. Pg 1 line 2a total ordinary dividends=5,125; line 4 capital gain (loss)= -3,000.

The question: Should the -3,000 from the Sch D (1041) be on the K-1 ? If so, where?

Thank you.

I've gone through decades of tax seasons, but I feel this has been the hardess one yet.

What 'little' I do know of 1041's is that the -3000 capital loss does NOT go on the k-1, EXCEPT if in the final year. Capital losses stay within the trust until it becomes final.

Lynn

Lynn Jacobs, EA, FNTPI, NP

Enrolled Agent

Notary Public

Kenner, LA

Thank you.

Capital loss stays with the 1041 til the very last year.

I agree - this has been a heck of a year, and I haven't really pinpointed the reason why.

Capital loss stays with the 1041 til the very last year.

I agree - this has been a heck of a year, and I haven't really pinpointed the reason why.

Too much experience is not a good thing. Mid-expericience is the best thing.

I have pinpointed it for you. WE ARE ONE YEAR OLDER!