ATX Community

New clients not showing up

GeorgeM

Yep. Just part of the territory. Did have one this year that was nice enough to email me and tell me she was cancelling the appointment because she had the flu. She said she would call to re-schedule when she got better. Must be a heck of a case of the flu - that was on March 12th and I have heard nothing yet.

People are so unreliable. I have learned that when I call to tell folks their return is ready, I pay absolutely no attention to when they say they are gonna pick up. I don't ask them when they're coming; I don't care when they're coming. Why they think they have to tell me a time is beyond me. Then 3/4 of them don't come at that time.

Then, I had the one lady who called about four times to say she would have to come at another time for whatever reason. I told her the first time whenever you come is fine; don't worry about it.

Oh, sorry, I was rambling again. :(

Then I had one yesterday who said he was coming in the morning and drove in just as we were getting in the car to go out to dinner for my husband's birthday. Did I go back in the house and give him his return? NOPE!!!

Also had a two time scheduled former client never show up and one new one that never showed. Like the rest of you; their loss is my gain as I will be right down to the wire this year and I have been working long hours every day since the second week in Jan. Lots of odd stuff this year.

Clients don't listen to their voice mail. They see we called and ask what we needed.

If we tell clients we close at three and pick up the return by then they show up at 2 minutes to three.

We tell people we are closed on Fridays. Guess who will be coming today to pick up their returns.

taxbilly