ATX Community

Preparer Manager

Eli

If you change it in the preferences, it will do it automatically for each new return you create. I believe there is also an option to make this the default on rollovers.

Neither of these will have an impact on existing returns. For example, if you already rolled over your entire 2006 database into the 2007 program, you're too late. I certainly hope you, or anyone for that matter, does not do this. The best practice from my experience is to perform just in time rollovers.

Hope this helps.

If you change it in the preferences, it will do it automatically for each new return you create. I believe there is also an option to make this the default on rollovers.

Neither of these will have an impact on existing returns. For example, if you already rolled over your entire 2006 database into the 2007 program, you're too late. I certainly hope you, or anyone for that matter, does not do this. The best practice from my experience is to perform just in time rollovers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up, but I NEVER rollover any returns I will not be working on immediately. I'll keep tinkering with it. Thanks again!!

ELi

Eli-----Make sure you highlite the preparer(yourself) you want to appear on any return you open

before going to preferences to choose that preparer to appear.

Bigdadder

Thanks for all the help. I had forgot to check off a box for the rollover returns. Silly me!!

Thanks again!

Eli