ATX Community

I Felt Compelled To Put ATX On Notice!

Mike D

I just sent this off to ATX fvia thier web site suggestion box. Hope I wasn't out of line?

I have used ATX Taxoffice for 5 years and although I can't say that it is the best product that I have ever used it is adequate and gets the job done.

Are you guys aware of the tension you have created with all of the rumors regarding the discontinuance of ATX and the likelihood of it being replaced by Tax Works?

There is a broad based effort to establish an ATX user owned tax software company which should it come to fruition will most certainly affect your business.

Just to name a few issues that have led to this action, price increases, layoffs, customer service, cessation of the message board, cessation of the chat feature, etc.

I am not certain as to the actual number of customers that you have using ATX however I am certain that if you continue along this path you are destined to lose a significant number of them.

I for one will not renew with Tax Works as I believe that it is inferior to ATX and am totally committed to the formation of a used based tax software company that will be there for the customers, and not just the bottom line.

Time to wake up and smell the roses!

Michael M Dubin CPA

Tax Works?

I for one will not renew with Tax Works as I believe that it is inferior to ATX and am totally committed to the formation of a used based tax software company that will be there for the customers, and not just the bottom line.

Michael M Dubin CPA

Should be TaxWise

Eli

if you think this treatment is bad you should see what i am getting on their high end side with prosystems fx; client letter written by people with limited english skills, bo client letter for state corporation efiling,[cust support says you can't efile NY, even though they did include the forms to authorize it], everytime you try to answer a question on a ny it-204 you get bounced out, ETC.

and that program costs me $20,000.

if you think this treatment is bad you should see what i am getting on their high end side with prosystems fx; client letter written by people with limited english skills, bo client letter for state corporation efiling,[cust support says you can't efile NY, even though they did include the forms to authorize it], everytime you try to answer a question on a ny it-204 you get bounced out, ETC.

and that program costs me $20,000.

Wow, which would be worse, that CCH is intentionally alienating the ATX users, or that they really ARE working at the best of their abilities?

The problem with early renewals is that if they pull the sh--- they pulled this year you are stuck with them. But looking at the posts on this board I don't thing anyone will be doing early renewals.

And if you have been reading the board you will be aware of the new tax package to replace ATX, which again will be run by people who care about people.

I just wish that there will be more members of this board by end of this tax season.

Happy tax season everybody.

Mike, I've also "mentioned" to them that I am going to be looking at other options in May, 2008.

It's funny how "ready" they are to accept our renewals. Not sure the early renewal discounts are worth the paper they are printed on. Take the money and run.

When I get my "discount for early renewal" letter, I'm putting it through my shredder and mailing the pieces back to them....oh wait, then I'd have to pay for postage!

Cristy222,

You don't know how many memories that brought back to the early days of ATX and the things customers would send back in the postage paid reply envelopes we would send out. One person taped a reply card to a cinder block (I was the one who picked it up at the post office no less), another shredded the 3.5" disks and mailed them back to us and one person sent back some 'unmentionable' items. The 3.5" disks were from the time period before we started shrink wrapping and before CD's and the guy said he didn't want pirated software, as if the company that produced the software would 'pirate' their own software. I can still remember the look on the girl's face that opened the package with the 'unmentionable' items in it. In today's environment they would be called biohazardous materials, back then it was just plain gross. All of this didn't cost them a dime, but that cinder block cost ATX plenty, which in turn requires the company to up costs to everyone over time.

Sorry for putting my nose in, but it did bring back some memories.

One person taped a reply card to a cinder block (I was the one who picked it up at the post office no less. . . All of this didn't cost them a dime, but that cinder block cost ATX plenty, which in turn requires the company to up costs to everyone over time.

Hey, that gives me an idea as to what to do with all those unsolicited letters I get from credit card companies every day.