ATX Community

California E-file?

Tax Prep by Deb

Has anyone been able to get a CA e-file acknowledged? If so when? I transmitted two on Tuesday and they are still showing validated. Has anyone contacted customer support regarding this? I plan on doing so after my lunch and would appreciate hearing from anyone that is still having problems. Maybe perhaps I can spare you all a long waite as I check on the status.

Deb!

According to the software, the CA 8453 has not been approved yet. :unsure:

Jerry

According to the e-file availability at myatx website it is. I used the ca version of 8879 to get around that issue and was able to create, send, and validate through ATX site. However I have not gotten any acknowledgement back. I was on the phone for over an hour with tech support on Friday and was finally told that they have not been sent but are in the process of being sent. No time frame was given. But research on my part and their part does indicate e-file for California has been approved.

I intend to follow up perhaps Monday morning and will keep you all posted as to the outcome!

Deb!

Please keep this thread updated with anything, or nothing, that you hear. I am interested too (how could a CA resident allow his realtor to talk him into the real estate withholding to the tune of 8K on the sale of a rental with only 15K of gain?) because I have a client who really wants his refund and is watching his bank account for the deposit.

Thanks

Tom

Lodi, CA

Tom,

So far I have only received their automated reply stating they will reply within 24-48 hours.

I will post anything else I receive.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry,

No sense in me clogging up the system with more requests. It would not do any good anyway, they know about the problem, and they will get to it when they are good and ready, damn the customers!

Sorry, just very frustrated with the software company this year. I was so happy last year with the way the software worked that I was looking so forward to this season when the CCH news hit. My fears are realized and it is going to be new software next year.

This just sucks.

Tom

Lodi, CA

My efiles haven't gone through either. I was glad to look here and see that I was not alone. Last year didn't we receive emails when each state was excepting e-files? Anyway, I am ok so far since most of my clients do not have their tax documents yet. But any day the phone will start really ringing and it would be nice to be able to e-file or at least have an idea as to when we might be able to transmit. Nena

I have been in contact with support regarding this. Originially I was told that California wasn't accepting them, however a very reliable source told me that there is a communication problem between servers. That was on Monday and he assurred me that they were aware of it and working with FTB.

I hope it will start flowing soon! If I hear anything I also will post. I also e-mailed tech support today and specifically asked for an update, so hopeful we will know something tomarrow.

Deb!

My employee (spouse) got through to tech support this morning. Here is her e-mail to me about what ATX had to say.

[b]"I called tech support today to see if they would say how long before they get things fixed. The girl said they started releasing ACKS yesterday at 3pm but that they had about 5000 at once so just give it more time."

Hopefully this is true and we can get this cleared up by the end of today. 5000 efiles is not a lot for the state to process in one day.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Just a note on this subject; I switched from Tax Wise to ATX because the CA program was usually available until the end of January; Based on this I guess we can expect CA to be "really" ready by the end of the month.

Than they should not have released the forms. In the past they didn't until they were ready, and yes sometimes it took even into February, however we didn't get the forms either. When it says it's available as of 1/14/2008 one would assume that it means its available.

What is really bugging me is that there has been no communication. Not even a posting on the MYATX website. At least last year we had that resource to go to and see what the problem was, but nooooooooo! not this year!!

Deb!

Has anyone received any acceptance acknowldgements for California from ATX? As of 7:00AM, 1/25/08, I have yet to get any. People who are using Cal-File (free service) are having no problems.

Gene

Nope, as of 9:00 AM, I still have my same 7 CA efiles; waiting...waiting...waiting...

Another e-mail updated from my wife (employee):

"ATX says XXXXXXXXX's return was accepted. So I went on FTB and checked and they say they received it on 1/24/2008. Anyway I am on hold with ATX and they are trying to figure out why we do not show it as accepted."

This may be a breakthrough.

Tom

Lodi, CA

My CA returns still show in my system "validated..."; however California's web site shows them as accepted as of 1-24-08. CA returns seem to be moving now.

Thanks for the information J R. The status of my returns were the same as yours. For those who may not know the website it is

www.ftb.ca.gov. Click on the individuals tab and scroll down to the "View Your Account" section. You will find a link to e-file status. You will need the client social security number and the Declaration Control Number (DCN) to obtain the status within the FTB system.

Gene

I'm still waiting too.

Haven't received a reply from ATX Customer Service when I complained about this two days ago either.

Jerry

I emailed ATX a question directly to William on 01/20, and yet to receive a reply back....unacceptable. Fortunately, as a 4 year user of ATX, I was able to resolve it myself. This is not why I switched from Proseries 4 years ago....WE need and pay for CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

IF I TREATED MY CLIENTS THE WAY ATX CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TREATING US, I WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS!!

hOWARD

Thanks for the information J R. The status of my returns were the same as yours. For those who may not know the website it is

www.ftb.ca.gov. Click on the individuals tab and scroll down to the "View Your Account" section. You will find a link to e-file status. You will need the client social security number and the Declaration Control Number (DCN) to obtain the status within the FTB system.

Gene

Thanks for the information on how to check this on the CA site. No luck with mine it said status "unknown". So mine are not flowing. Nena