ATX Community

California E-file?

Tax Prep by Deb

My CA E-files were still pending "validated EFC". When I called tech support today they said my returns needed to be copied and the e-files resent to CA and that they should go through. Have your CA E-files been accepted? Please update. Nena

COPIED??? can you please tell us exactly what they said because I've been locked out of my account when I tried to go in and find out what the *(&^ was goint on????

Thanks for the information on how to check this on the CA site. No luck with mine it said status "unknown". So mine are not flowing. Nena

After chacking a few of my CA clients, the FTB oes show Accepted, even though my ATX software shows the status as, "Validated by EFC". Problem appears to be on ATX's end; not FTB's

Howard

My CA E-files were still pending "validated EFC". When I called tech support today they said my returns needed to be copied and the e-files resent to CA and that they should go through. Have your CA E-files been accepted? Please update. Nena

Nena

So, did you make copies of your CA filed returns, re-submit and were they Accepted?

I would like to know for sure before I go re-submitting my CA filed returns.

Thanks.

Jerry

Has anyone received any acknowledgements from California?

I called customer (no) support this morning and was told that it's just a matter of them being back logged on sending us the acknowledgements, but I don't believe that is correct.

Accordig to FTB site most of mine have been accepted since last Thursday which according to the person I spoke to said was when they were turned on to California. She told me to be patient. Problem is I have transmitted several since then and they too are still in validated status. I fear something is wrong and I hate the idea of having to check FTB site everytime I send an e-file out.

Just wanted to update you all who are still waiting.....................................!

Deb!

We are manually checking. I don't have a better suggestion. You cannot risk a reject that you don't know about. Still early and no big problem yet, but this could get ugly if it does not get resolved soon.

BTW, I got an e-mail from Drake salespers bragging that they have not had a problem with e-file (federal). So I sent back a reply asking about California. No reply yet. I had no problem telling them that CCH takever at ATX is a disaster, and that CA e-file is a joke. I will even allow them to use my name and quote me if they want.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Sorry I didn't check back in with you all since Saturday. When I checked the CA website status was unknown. The original return today says

"rejected by EFC" the copy says "validated by EFC". My client says she checked the website just using her social and it says approved. I checked today and it was approved. But one now says "rejected" and one says "validated. I do not know what to tell you except that mine went through it was the original not the copy because I didn't submit the copy until Saturday and it was accepted on Friday according to FTB. Seems my tech support rep should have been able to determine that. However, she looked and said that it did not go through?

This is a mess and the tech support and customer service people at ATX just do not seem to have a clue about what specifically is going on. They should be sending us emails as they have in the past or post something on MYATX. At this point I am unsure what the point of MyATX is. So far I have found no information to fix any of my problems there.

Sorry I didn't check back in with you all since Saturday. When I checked the CA website status was unknown. The original return today says

"rejected by EFC" the copy says "validated by EFC". My client says she checked the website just using her social and it says approved. I checked today and it was approved. But one now says "rejected" and one says "validated. I do not know what to tell you except that mine went through it was the original not the copy because I didn't submit the copy until Saturday and it was accepted on Friday according to FTB. Seems my tech support rep should have been able to determine that. However, she looked and said that it did not go through?

This is a mess and the tech support and customer service people at ATX just do not seem to have a clue about what specifically is going on. They should be sending us emails as they have in the past or post something on MYATX. At this point I am unsure what the point of MyATX is. So far I have found no information to fix any of my problems there.

GLORY BE!! My 1st 5 out of 9 CA Efiles came back through ATX today as Accepted!!!! DO WE HAVE A MOVEMENT??

Howard

I too am having difficulty with CA efile. After reading this thread, I checked the CA FTB website for status and found that one of my returns was rejected due to incorrect ZIP code. This return still shows "Validated by EFC" in the software. Calls to "Tech Support" earlier today me with miserable results. They have a "script" that stick with and asking for the next level of support results in nada. So now I am stuck not knowing what to do next. Someone mentioned "resending" the CA efile, but the software won't let you until it sees a valid "reject". Any ideas..... :angry:

I too am having difficulty with CA efile. After reading this thread, I checked the CA FTB website for status and found that one of my returns was rejected due to incorrect ZIP code. This return still shows "Validated by EFC" in the software. Calls to "Tech Support" earlier today me with miserable results. They have a "script" that stick with and asking for the next level of support results in nada. So now I am stuck not knowing what to do next. Someone mentioned "resending" the CA efile, but the software won't let you until it sees a valid "reject". Any ideas..... :angry:

Well, I am starting to see my CA returns come back accepted. If the client is expecting a refund, I think I would tell them it is going to be late and then just wait. I think you may do more harm than good by reprocessing and "gumming up the works".

I am sure that is not what you want to hear, but I think it is best for you.

I share your frustration.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I had four CA returns previously e-filed and filed one today. Received ACKs back on all but one of them. Two were rejected.

One rejection because of the zip code (error code stated zip code cannot contain spaces or dashes). Only thing I did was add the 4 digit extension on the return that was not present last year. This was on two of my CA e-files. Both same zip code (mother and son live in the same house) Mother's return was rejected and son's still has "Validated by EFC". I changed the zip code back to a 5 digit number and re-submitted on the mother's. I filed many CA returns last year with a 9 digit zip code with a dash and they weren't rejected.

Second rejection was for the following reason stated by the ATX Software:

-------------

1040CA13 Record Layout

Form: 000008000001 Seq: 1

One or more fields do not contain the Record Layout data-type specified by the 'type' column in which they appear. Ensure that all characters match the appropriate field type (such as 'only alphabetic','only numeric',or'only alphanumeric').

-----------------

I looked in the FTB booklet on e-files and cannot determine where or which form they are talking about.

Can someone please tell me where to look for an error?

The only information I entered on the CA forms was the PIN numbers and dates, everything else carried over from the Federal forms (which have been accepted). Client only had three entires - Income - withholding and Alimony.

Jerry

Confused in California :rolleyes:

I had four CA returns previously e-filed and filed one today. Received ACKs back on all but one of them. Two were rejected.

One rejection because of the zip code (error code stated zip code cannot contain spaces or dashes). Only thing I did was add the 4 digit extension on the return that was not present last year.

Jerry

Confused in California :rolleyes:

I too had 5 or 6 CA efiles rejected for the zip code reason as well. In every case, I used the zip + 4 last year, as well. What I did was to reopen each CA return, remove the zip + 4, and re-efile....all have returned this morning as ACCEPTED!!

Howard

Howard,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I did the same thing on my two zip code rejections from California.

Removed the extra 4 digits and resent - they are now accepted.

However, I still need help on this rejection:

Rejection was for the following reason stated by the ATX Software:

-------------

1040CA13 Record Layout

Form: 000008000001 Seq: 1

One or more fields do not contain the Record Layout data-type specified by the 'type' column in which they appear. Ensure that all characters match the appropriate field type (such as 'only alphabetic','only numeric',or'only alphanumeric').

-----------------

I looked in the FTB booklet on e-files and cannot determine where or which form they are talking about.

Can someone please tell me where to look for an error?

The only information I entered on the CA forms was the PIN numbers and dates, everything else carried over from the Federal forms (which have been accepted). Client only had three entires - Income - withholding and Alimony.

Thanks.

Jerry

Maybe you have a space entered inadvertantly in the form somewhere or something else. I would try printing the form in question, deleting it, then reentering the data on the form. See if it goes through then. I know I have had to do that in past years occasionally. Hopefully it is not a form with too much data. Nena

catax,

Thanks for your response.

I will try what you suggested. However, I have to wait until the return is rejected again by ATX software. I had already gone through the form checking for spaces, etc and re-filed it.

The error code is supposed to indicate exactly where the error is but I still can't figure out where it is.

"1040CA13 Record Layout

Form: 000008000001 Seq: 1"

Jerry

FTIW - Finally figured out what the problem is with my CA e-files.

I called the California e-file hotline and the lady told me that my errors were because of dashes ( - ) in the zip codes of two of my returns and the third return was because of dashes ( - ) in the client's social security number on my CA Adjustments schedule.

That tells me that there is an error in ATX's transmission software to the State of California. The CA 540 Long Form did not come back with any errors because of Social Security Number dashes - just the Schedule CA and only for this return. I have filed 5 other California e-files and none of them were rejected for the social security number.

I sent ATX Tech Support an e-mail concerning this error - we'll see how long it takes them to respond. They never did respond to my first e-mail about California rejections.

I updated my program files, closed the software, re-booted and went in and deleted all the California forms for this client, re-created the forms and resubmitted the CA e-file. We'll see if it is accepted.

Frustrating.

Jerry

In case anyone was wondering.

Finally got my client's Calif return e-filed.

I did get a response from Support in an e-mail suggesting removing the SSN, closing program and then re-entering the SSN.

I also got through to Tech Support by phone, only on hold 15 minutes.

The young lady was quite helpful and guided me to a newer version of the CA Sch CA Adjustment form. Version .23 on the download center at ATX.

I updated my forms and tried again - the return was rejected again for the exact same reason.

So, I deleted the CA Sch Adjustments schedule for this client and re-submitted the e-file. This time it was accepted. The fact that the client didn't really have any adjustments probably had a part in the CA return being accepted without the form.

So, in effect my problem was solved, however, we will see if I get any more returns bounced for the same reason. I have filed one return after this one and it was accepted.

Jerry

[edited] Just updated my ATX programs this morning and what do ya know - they updated the CA Sch CA (540) to Ver 24 - E-file functionality corrected to filter out dashes.

I guess Tech Support fixed the problem.