ATX Community

Really Wish They Would Bring Back the Client Letter Wizard

ETax847

I am in real trouble since ALL of my client letters are customized. I build my own paragraphs and such early in the season and then just load or delete those for each return as I go. So I too am distressed with CCH-ATX and the changes they have made to "improve" the program. I wonder if the new platform they have built the program on will not allow some of the things such as editing letters, forms, use of spreadsheets into the program. Those are the things that made ATX so workable for me and my client base. UGH :dunno::dunno: :dunno:

I have always customized my letters first thing (with the occasional tweak needed later). The thought of having to customize each and every letter is appalling. I may do my letters separately, and insert a printed pdf in the client copy before I print. At least my word processing program will save several standard letters.

More work for me, in the name of "improving" the software. Grrr. There are REASONS, CCH, that we want to customize master letters.

I wonder if any of the programmers/developers know anything about the tax practioners world?

Programmers program from a programmer's perspective not from a user's perspective. Every year I suggest CCH hire tax preparers as consultants to the programmers so the programming gets done from a user's perspective. CCH refuses that common sense suggestion.