ATX Community

N/T - Random thoughts & stuff

jklcpa

I was with a client and had left my phone in the mode where it reads incoming texts. A friend replied to text and dropped the F bomb. I thought it was hilarious. The client didn't react so I just let it be.

But you know how half the time you can't understand the voice, well, they say the F word really clearly, believe me.

• Haha 5

Lots of way high ups and way far downs this year.  I don't like drama, and my life is now like some sort of cult classic.

My dad unexpectedly died in January and taking care of all his stuff (I inherited all of it) has been a part time job in itself.  I have had no time to fully process any of this - losing him or what to do with everything he left me.

Our last pet died last summer, so for the first time ever we are now free to travel without the hassle of a pet sitter and worrying about whether the pets are being sufficiently coddled.  I miss all of them so much and have been lonely, but there are perks to not having the responsibility.  I sleep with a stuffed animal and am privately embarrassed at how much comfort it gives me.

Hubby is wonderful.  I went right off the rails, and he has been patient and supportive.  I feel like we've never been closer and it's interesting how I'm learning to let go and let him just handle things in his own way - which is pretty contrary to the way I handle things.  For instance, he is a procrastinator and that usually drives me nuts.  But, getting it done at the very last minute is still getting it done...

I feel like I've finally reached a level of experience and have more confidence with my work.  Good thing, because I'm really slowing down as far as the number of hours I can realistically work.  There's no use working when I'm so tired I'll spend most of the next day fixing errors from the night before. 

Being so tired makes me think I'm unhealthy and the anxiety starts taking over and then I'm searching WebMD in the middle of the night and just SURE I'm dying of something.  My labwork and my doctor disagree with my diagnosis, but what do they know?  The dentist informs me that I need a root canal.  Pretty sure that's going to release bacteria that will go straight to my heart and will kill me.  Film at eleven :)  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BHoffman said:

I sleep with a stuffed animal and am privately embarrassed at how much comfort it gives me.

The last bicycle trip I took, I brought with me a little stuffed bear.  When my girls were little, I told them that bringing a stuffie to camp (or freind's overnight; wherever) would keep them safe - so of course, then *I* had to take a bear with me on my trip.  I was a little embarrassed to admit it - but one of the tour leaders saw my bear (and thought he was adorable, because he is) and told me that lots of the women who take these tours bring stuffed animals with them.  My little bear was the perfect size to tuck into the front zip bag on the handlebars; he got a great view for the whole trip.  And the tour guide - she wanted her picture taken with him, too!   I've got a great one, somewhere in my files, of my bear and the tour guide posing together.  And yes, it was lovely to have a good friend with me on the trip. 

• Like 5