ATX Community

SCHEDULE D HOOPLA

TAXMAN

I submitted this again to ATX with no results. I also submitted to them a new reurn in which I was filing out the comparison page for previous year and found it can't add correctly. Try it. Make a dummy. Put 10k as income and put 10k as interest and see if yours reduces the A total by 1%. Would like to hear on these issues. Thanks

I don't use the ATX billing for my actual billing. I include it for my personal use. I track my time and calculate an hourly rate. That's not my actual billing either because I use a high rate. Some of my time is clerical and bookkeeping. I adjust (usually down) for my actual bill. I have some minimums. I know my billing is too low. I'm a softy. I'm quoting new clients higher (especially if they have rentals, etc.) and gradually raising the existing clients. I do charge a separate line item for 'accounting service' if I have to do too much before actually preparing the return.

I noticed that if you put in per-item billing it no longer charges for the Schedule D as a form. Either/or -- charge for D or charge per item on D. grrr. I calculated what I wanted to charge overall and divided by the number of line items on the D detail - put that in as my per-item chage. Annoying, but it worked.