ATX Community

Finding returns where e-file not created

RitaB

no, there has been arguement over this on the official site......people with large volume of returns want this and smaller practices don't see a need for it.

Checked out the official board. Appeared to be hoppin. Be awesome if I could figure out how to "search" on there.

If you have 150 in the return manager, and efiled 140 of them, shouldn't you have 280 in the efile manager? one fed and one state?

I currently have 1,300+ returns in the system, and 2,129 e-file files in the manager.

I have a paper and folder system that works, but it is laborious and time consuming. Especially when the held state returns do not release when the Fed is accepted.

If anyone finds an automated way to check for the held/accepted, or to check those returns that have been completed but not e-filed, I am all over it!!

Starting with this year, I added a column to the Return Manager specifically to track the efiles. For returns I'm efiling, I enter "Y - Fed, DE" (and/or whatever other states or forms are applicable) or "N" for the opt out or misc forms that efiling doesn't apply to. Then I can click on the header of that column tol sort the returns so that all the ones with no entry are grouped together, all the Ns are grouped in a block, and all the Ys are grouped that way too. It's the easiest I could come up with to do within the program.\

In Return Mgr, I don't check the block as completed until the return is out the door. I have a column for status when I need info, and a second column other status notes such as the date return is to be picked up, or the status of return through the e-file process.

Rita, you have to click the search button. (If that is what you're talking about.) I have never seen a "search" that entering text in the search field and pressing ENTER wasn't enough. It's annoying!

Jim

I am talking about the other "Official" community. I finally found "Search the Communities" under shortcuts. You know, alot of us are over 40, and that 6 point font really bites...

Here is a link to the thread Michael mentioned:

http://community.atxinc.com/forums/thread/83091.aspx

I am talking about the other "Official" community. I finally found "Search the Communities" under shortcuts. You know, alot of us are over 40, and that 6 point font really bites...

Rita I knew where you were at, I didn't realize you hadn't seen "Search the Communities". - Control + the mouse wheel is your friend.

I've had the (un)"Official" community site's font blown up about 4 knotches for so long, I had forget how hard it was to read at the default size.

BTW, I will always consider THIS the Official community. (Though it is nice to have Kamman back at the "other" place.)

Jim

• Like 1

Well, me and my four clients for whom I have not created e-files want it.

Well, found three fairly quickly. I had rolled them over, got distracted, and rolled them over again. So, that was cool.

Then, I just started at "A" and counted the "A's" in the E-File Manager, then counted the "A's" in the Return Manager.

Found the one I had not created - WAIT FOR IT - in the "W's".