ATX Community

Possible Setup for site...open for comments too!

Gordy from NM

What if the site was broken down into different strands like...

1) Chit-Chat (by the way, I love this one)

2) Individual Taxation questions

3) Business Taxation questions

4) Efile questions

5) Website questions

6) Program alternatives

There are questions all over the map in the Chit-Chat strand and it might sort things out and make it easier to read and respond to those questions...especially as more and more people join on!

I don't know who was responsible for putting this up so quickly...but THANK YOU!

It's very easy for me to organize things any way you guys like.. the hard part is coming to a consensus.

So you guys discuss it, and then we can put up a poll and vote. :D

We already have an efile forum which has only four topics, so people simply aren't using it or they haven't had an efile problem. General chit chat has 93 topics and is the most popular for now. Of course, it may be the most popular because there are no other forums except efile and website discussions. I did notice, however, even though there is a website discussion forum, some people posted in the general chit chat and their posts were moved to the appropriate forum. My point being, that the current poll indicates a preference, 68% for the Gen Chit Chat over more sophisticated choices and that is backed up by people posting in the wrong forum.

As for the rest, I suggest that since we're OUT of the season now, I think it's premature until we see that the other forums are necessary. The format of this forum is such that it's easy to see what the subject is and, of course, you can read and contribute or not.

So, I would vote against more choices than we now have.

Agree with Redux. Chit Chat is a given.

Then there's the tax-related postings. A separate category might be of some benefit during tax season. From the old ATX forums we probably all remember that the General and Tax forums had duplicate postings by those infrequent users that were impatient for an answer. I read all the forums and found it annoying to see multiple postings of the same question. So that could be added at a later time when necessary????

But maybe we need one broad category that could capture the postings for program-related issues, such as how to use the program or input a particular item, and for e-filing help. This area could also be for the discussion of alternative programs being tested.

I really like this forum. Erc, you have really come through for us. And I do hope that those of us that may use other software in the coming years will still be part of this family. This is a great group of people.

Just my 3 cents. I just had a price increase of 50%.

Changing the board layout in the middle of tax season may not be a welcome change, even if it is beneficial.

Duplicate posts in different areas (cross posting) clutters things up and makes it difficult to follow the discussion. When I catch it, I'll combine them into one thread, replies and all.

The Community is defined by the people and personalities that make it up, not the software we use to do our jobs. Besides, even if I did want to keep non-ATXers out, I have no way to verify who are ATX customers and who are not.

As I expressed some concerns in another post, perhaps with so many members here talking about leaving ATX, you may need a category just for posting ATX software questions as opposed to Tax questions. I am extremely happy with this board, as you know, an appreciate your all out efforts to make it truly OURS. You have done an amazing job and the feelings of fellowship here must warm your heart.

• 2 weeks later...