ATX Community

Local Ordiance for tax preparer

ILLMAS

I don't think that is a viable option for any tax preparer to do only Fed returns. I just hope other ststes don't follow NY and CA and start charging user fees and new CE requirements that are beyond what IRS wants. I think NY lets you do 5 free tax returns in its jurisdiction before you have to pay $100 per season. What's the deal in CA?

• 5 weeks later...

With many states having a shortfall, don't be suprised if this doesn't happen. One thing I have seen is that Insurance salespersons having an office intown doesn't have to have a business license because of license by the state, however other business' must have one. So if you are licensed by FED should town be able to force you to buy another? A way for towns and state to make money. Just my 2 cents.

Oregon charges for 1065,1120,1120S to file. used to be 10.00 now it minium of 150.00

We also have a licenesing law. Must pass state test, have 30 hrs of education ea year. rules on what you can and can't do. Pay yearly fee for doing taxes and having an office. But that's all I ever known so doesn't seem bad to me. least you don't have someone new setting up on the corner every year. it's a pretty tough test.