ATX Community

Completed Returns?

ed_accountant

I have completed 2 returns for clients. Both are simple returns (single, no kids, 1 W-2)....both are just waiting on e-file. My program is actually functioning pretty good...other than just being really slow in every respect. For the first time ever, I actually have the OH state and School district forms needed to complete the returns....that has always been a February thing.

Now if I can only figure out what ATX is doing with depreciation in my personal return, I would be delighted.

Ed is the software stable now. can you do complex returns? The rep says they fixed it but can't give me a demo?

The taxworks redgear software is stable now. Some people have had installation issues . They are improving it every week. I have more faith in redgear than TRX. I beleive redgear will have it ready by 1/30. I have not tried to do a complex return yet since none have come in this early. Simple 1040 returns can be done. I have worked on a couple of business returns already and a couple of simple 1040s. The business returns are ready with the exception of depreciation. The depreciation asset manager has a bug and assets did not roll over. I am told it will be corrected next week. Slipsheets, custom letters, printing by sets, and depreciation is not ready or complete yet. Depreciation not ready is the main issue I am having now...

Also, the state returns appear to be available and working in the 1040 and business modules. I have only tested my state, Ca.

Here is link to customer support issues /topics:

http://blog.redgeartech.com/top-support-topics/

You can also find redgear tech on facebook for customer opinions and support issues..

Good luck

Thanks Ed. Looks like they still have some unfinished work. Are they in any mood to give us a deal for 2012?? As you know TaxAct, Taxwise are sending e-mail links and postcards for their deals once they sniffed that TRX users are frustrated! Drake is the exception they will not reduce until post season!