ATX Community

Adding Custom Form

MAMalody

I must be doing something wrong, however, I am unable to add a custom form as I have done in past years. I also must be researching wrong, because I cannot find the directions. I have not checked the video tip section, however, does anybody know where to find how to add a custom form?

My issue was a form I developed that helped me do the work, in detail, for the clergy worksheets. I could link the worksheet I did to the clergy worksheets and it made my life a lot easier. Now I will have to do the worksheet on the outside and then transfer the answer. Not a killer in itself, however, when I could put the worksheet in the program and adjustments to the worksheet would automatically flow to the worksheets and tax return. Oh, well. I will just have to deal with the reality of where we are.

The same reason applies to adding custom sheets as to why we are not allowed to unprotect and change forms. Changes to the formulas and program structures were causing innacuracies and problems with e-file.

The other reason is, the new format is not excel spreadsheet based. Totally different. This format is going to be here a while, so grab your learning caps and dive in.

The same reason applies to adding custom sheets as to why we are not allowed to unprotect and change forms. Changes to the formulas and program structures were causing innacuracies and problems with e-file.

The other reason is, the new format is not excel spreadsheet based. Totally different. This format is going to be here a while, so grab your learning caps and dive in.

a fellow on the other board suggested that the 2011 and before ability of atx to unprotect, change, create, and alter all kinds of things within the program is the reason why 2012 won't rollover, is slow, crashes, etc.

there is no clean/equivalent/known place in the new/different program format for the prior spreadsheet format data to go...without creating many (a gazillion?) exceptions in the code...it is what they seem to be doing one guinea pig beta tester at a time.

I had no issues with the one return I rolled over, and it had the custom spreadsheet in it. And the spreadsheet never rolled over with the return (which peeved me a bit). The only other modification I made was to change the return cover sheet to read 'Federal & State' instead of just 'Federal'.

So I wonder how many people that are having issues with rollover customized the actual forms?

I have always used word and mail merge since I started with ATX. Because I use all caps in the return I was not satisfied with the name and address in the ATX letter. I realize that I have a smaller number of clients and have to maintain a separate data base of addresses that I also use for my end of year mailings to current and former clients.