ATX Community

need to reset password to get into MyATX

joanmcq

Every time I go to log into MyAtx, my password is rejected, so after two tries, I go to 'forgot password' and change it. And thenI have to come up with a new one since it won't let me use an old one (although yesterday I reused the last one). Is anyone else having this issue? The only way to log in after resetting the password is to hit 'continue' which asks for your security question answer (I reuse the same one) and then puts me into MyAtx. But tomorrow, I'm going to bet my new password will not work. I'm running out of passwords!

Does anyone else have this issue?

is it still happening even after you have reset the password?

the password needs to be reset every 90 days as you no doubt know (and case sensitive i believe) plus cust id# and user name (admin).

to keep me somewhat organized i use this format... ******moyr (a simple code name that stays the same plus the mo/yr i reset the password).

the moyr combo will always be different when i reset.

since you got back in, it seems the password took.

Every time I go to log into MyAtx, my password is rejected, so after two tries, I go to 'forgot password' and change it. And thenI have to come up with a new one since it won't let me use an old one (although yesterday I reused the last one). Is anyone else having this issue? The only way to log in after resetting the password is to hit 'continue' which asks for your security question answer (I reuse the same one) and then puts me into MyAtx. But tomorrow, I'm going to bet my new password will not work. I'm running out of passwords!

Does anyone else have this issue?

My ATX password starts with a 2 digit number and then 8 letters. Each time I have to change the password, I add 1 to the number. I keep a note that says "ATX 23 1-23-13" on my monitor. No one knows the 8 letter word, but I know what the latest password for ATX is that way.

CCH and many other software will not let you reuse your last 5 or so passwords as a precaution in case it was compromised. It is a good security feature but a real PIA! As Jack and others have suggested, you have to come up with a scheme of creating passwords. The way I do it is a basic phrase and then add a combination of #s that change each month and is a function of the month, yr and something else known to me. I can pre-create 12 passwords for the year for my bank that requires a password reset every month if you select enhanced security.

At first it will be confusing but once you get the hang of it, all you got to remember which month and yr it is and the rest will come to memory!!

It is worth giving a try because I suspect more and more software will not let you keep a static password for months.

The problem with CCH is that I don't go in there from March through December. When it is time to order, I go to the website because they make me. I get all set up, get my bank app done for fee collect, and if the software works, I never come back except early in the year to check on form release dates or to see if a particular problem is solved. I can't remember to go in every 90 days for a once a year vendor and change my password.

They should recognize this and work with other enhancements. I don't have to change my bank card PIN every 90 days.

Tom

Hollister, CA

I had been using the same word but with a change in the numbering system to reflect whatever month & year I changed it. Maybe it's the IRS that doesn't allow this; I can't remember, so I just came up with a new one. Again.

I'm like Tom in that I don't go into the website from October to January, and sometimes not even in October, and the 90 days is a pain. This is the first time that the website wouldn't take the new password I had just set up the next time I went in. Since I'm checking in on their community board now as well as this one it's getting to be a real hassle. At least I know to stop at two attempts and just click 'forgot password' so I don't get locked out.