ATX Community

Decision time - is anyone having program success?

michaelmars

Michael, my only complaint has been with the slowness of printing but I have resolved that by printing to pdf first (much quicker). January has never been a high volume prep time for me but I have successfully prepared seven returns without issue. Two were 1120S, one was an EIC 1040, one was a Schedule F and E 1040, 2 were multi-member LLC filing as partnerships, one was a schedule E 1040.

I have not installed the new update yet, I will wait until I come in tomorrow morning and do it then. I usually get in the office sometime between when the west coast folks quit for the day and the east coast folks are still sleeping. That way I can download updates without all of the other noise.

I DID get a real treat today, though. One of my delinquent 2011 corporate clients emailed me his info, so I get to work in the 2011 program. How cool is that?

• Like 1

I updated from the website before the servers got so busy. I can rollover so far without any problem and pretty quick. Printing seems quicker, but lags when loading the forms to print. Depreciation seems accurate.I can start a new return without the program crashing.

I did re-boot the computer after the update was installed.

So far so good for me.

Win 7, 64 bit standalone, 8 mbs. ram.

I downloaded the program (saved it to desktop) and Ran from there.

Running Server 2008 with 3 workstations (all Win 7 64bit).

Server has 6gb, Workstation has 8GB ram.

Program have improved leaps and bound but still not fast as 2011. Program open time 25 Sec. Input USERID / PW.. 4Sec another 3 sec to open the program.

Basic 104 open time 15sec.

LLC/ Partnership open time 29 sec.

1120S with One state open time 18 Sec.

Overall lot better than before.

Downloaded 12.5 update, which took forever. Now if I try to open a return I get the message that CCH program has stopped working and it shuts down. I have an employee in my office who will be starting the easy 1040s on Thursday, I need to know if this program will work by then or not. If not, I will be sending ATX a bill for my original cost plus all of the lost hours we have had in the office over this crappy product, and then I will have to hurry up and get another program that actually works.

I downloaded 12.5 yesterday and had my tech guy remote in and give his blessing to the overall setup (he did the initial installation). So far this morning, no trouble with rollovers (have completed 2 very easy returns) and speed within the program has been acceptable. Have not tried to print.

I downloaded 12.5 at what must have been an off-peak time. I'd already rolled over all 2011 retrurns (using the first version). The program runs very slowly. A fully-loaded, complex federal and state individual client in 2011 takes 17 seconds to load. The same client file, which is "empty" and missing most of the state forms, takes more than three minutes to load. At this rate, I'll be lucky to finish before November.

I don't fault ATX for all the idiocy from the furballs in Congress.

Does anyone know what happened that made 2012's speed such a disaster? All the pretty colors? The other so-called enhancements? The 2011 program worked so well. I suspect I'm not alone in wishing that the ATX gurus had simply kept the 2011 architecture.

• Like 1