ATX Community

Time for a new forum?

Lion EA

There are a lot of former TRX and ATX users that changed software this year. There are discussions on the TRX forum about setting up new forums for the other programs. Would that be overkill?

Perhaps we can put the program name at the begining of each thread title in the Software forum?

Any ideas?

Anything to make you all happy but I do think this is over-reaction, folks. Think about it...........

We already have special forums for hardware issues, efile, etc, but few actually use them. Almost everyone just posts to General chat.

Also, to Lion's point, the program-specific posts will soon taper off, and we will be back to a majority of normal tax questions. Happens every year at the start.

When they do taper off, I plan on removing the new forum and moving the threads back to General Chat.

The flood of program related stress this year is higher than I've ever seen it before, and it was dominating General Chat.

I think the root cause of this year's issues is a little more serious than in years past. I think it's likely to take longer for these things to get cleared up.

EDIT: I'm going to remove the VMS forum while I'm at it. We've had one thread so far this year in there, and zero threads created last year. Kyle hasn't worked for them in forever, and nobody from VMS is watching it.

EDIT2: I'll create any vendor specific forums that people request. I have no problem with extra forums for vendors, and I'm not worried about them getting too little traffic. I think it's important for community members to connect with others using the same software, even if there aren't many.

EDIT3: Please know that I do not always closely monitor the forums depending on my work load, especially the Other Vendors category. When in doubt, send me a PM or post in "Help!" both will notify me by email.

• Like 2

Eric,

Many of former TRX members have swithched this year to Taxwise as well as other software products, however it appears that Taxwise is the most popular?

That being said would it be possiible to begin a new category for Taxwise users only?

Thank as usual for your support.

Mike Dubin CPA

Eric,

Many of former TRX members have swithched this year to Taxwise as well as other software products, however it appears that Taxwise is the most popular?

That being said would it be possiible to begin a new category for Taxwise users only?

Thank as usual for your support.

Mike Dubin CPA

Already done ;)

• Like 1