ATX Community

Wondering why so many are so loyal to CCH/ATX?

Numbers

Not being smart.... I am assuming you have good reason...

Other programs are good, yes there is a learning curve but if you and employees can not learn you likely would not be in this profession.

Yes it is a headache, ever had a tax season without a head ache? If so you likely have not been in this profession long.

Yes it is a process change, like EITC Due Diligence was not? We get process changes yearly.

Yes, I switched, and am back on track, went from 40% down to 18% down now, and catching up fast.

Regardless of software you consider switching to, there are MANY good options, why are you putting up with this crap? Its obvious CCH does not value our loyalty.

And I WAS a 15 year ATX user, 10 professional staff who had to be trained last week and weekend, and no I am not pimping someone elses software. Just wondering why anyone would stick around after this.

Yes, I would love to know as well. Although it is too late, as I just faxed my order form to Drake. No idea how hard it will be, but when I looked at ATX Blog and they said 12.7 is tomorrow and addresses printing only, and the next update will be 2/15/13, that was my breaking point.

Yes, I would love to know as well. Although it is too late, as I just faxed my order form to Drake. No idea how hard it will be, but when I looked at ATX Blog and they said 12.7 is tomorrow and addresses printing only, and the next update will be 2/15/13, that was my breaking point.

mine was the today. when the guy Rob at 1218 said he was going to grab something to eat and would call me back in an hour. and now it has been two days,

and now my program started not being able to work, then I tried to manually update (someone said that might help), but now my file path cannot be found.

grrrr

ohhhh and I have also been on hold with 770-875-0231 since 9 this morning and it is now 4:18

TaxWorks was great, but they rewrote their software for 2012 and have had their issues this year. I too was with ATX from about 1996-2010 and then went to TRX and got TaxWorks.

TRX shipped their inhouse software called TaxExact this year which wasnt even good enough to be called a beta.

Went with TaxWise (sold by mainstreettaxsolutions.com) last week and Im running and up to date....after one very looooong week. Its a learning curve but not difficult.

Tax software for 2013? Who knows. Taxwise is a contender if they dont rewrite the software. Drake is out of my price range since I only do ~100 1040's and a handfull of 1120S's. I may consider TaxWorks and ATX if they get their act together for 2013, but ATX is looking like a longshot. TaxSlayer is an option also. I hear its very good.

TaxWorks was great, but they rewrote their software for 2012 and have had their issues this year. I too was with ATX from about 1996-2010 and then went to TRX and got TaxWorks.

TRX shipped their inhouse software called TaxExact this year which wasnt even good enough to be called a beta.

Went with TaxWise (sold by mainstreettaxsolutions.com) last week and Im running and up to date....after one very looooong week. Its a learning curve but not difficult.

Tax software for 2013? Who knows. Taxwise is a contender if they dont rewrite the software. Drake is out of my price range since I only do ~100 1040's and a handfull of 1120S's. I may consider TaxWorks and ATX if they get their act together for 2013, but ATX is looking like a longshot. TaxSlayer is an option also. I hear its very good.

Drake cost less than ATX does if you buy it early season

Been with ProSeries 2 weeks.

I like it.

Conversion went fairly smoothly but took 8 business days. This was not a problem because I changed to ProSeries in January before the rush began and had time to wait for the conversion. Depreciation went well, although depreciation for home office was not segregated. I can handle picking it apart for the few clients I have in this situation.

Drake is good, but to me ProSeries is better. In Drake you do not see how the data you entered is being brought forward.

I would have preferred Drake were not for the shortcomings I found in the software.

ProSeries was my last choice but so far everything is working out great. ProSeries checklists and worksheets are much more detailed than ATX and at first seem like more work, but in the long run forms open based on entries you make in the worsksheets and data is automatically handled and entered thereby making your job so much easier. And there have been no glitches in opening the program, running updates, printing, efiling, etc.

But...I still miss ATX and would still be with them were it not for the major problems this year. Despite all the program malfunctions, I found it very difficult to leave. I don't know how the executives at ATX who masterminded this disaster can sleep at night knowing what they have done to their long time customers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loyal? I used to be loyal to ATX. I have been a customer of theirs since 2004. I have had problems but they were survivable. This year the blatant problems with ATX 2012 have harmed my business and I can't cannot believe they didn't know these errors didn't exist before releasing it. They have had an entire year to produce a stable, bug-free, and accurate program. They failed immensely on all counts.

For the first time in 9 years I have actually contacted another software company (Drake) to try to snag a deal this year and try i out. I downloaded their 2011 program because it is the only one available for evaluation. I hate the look of Drake. it looks outdated and archaic but I cannot go through again what I have gone through this tax season so I must move on.

Honestly, I love the look of ATX 2012. I just hate everything else about it.

• Like 1