ATX Community

why is it when you call atx it takes 2+ hours to answer?

ATS

this is very sad how their customer support is. I promise you I will not be signing up with them again next year and will be letting everyone around me to use them :D lol.

but yes I will make sure everyone knows how horrible their customer service is.

my sales rep went on lunch break last week and I guess went MIA. ATX has not been staying open and crashes frequently and locks my computer up. (anyone else having problems like this?). and then when I call the 1-800-638-8291 I am put on hold forever.

- last week I was on hold from 9-6 and they failed to fix the issue.

- today I am trying again and have been on hold since lunch break and it is now 4:00

anyone else getting ticked like I am?

I wasn't being snippy, it's just how it is. And what irks me is that many of the calls are unnecessary, if the users just looked on the boards, read the damn manual, or searched the knowledge base. Then people with pressing issues like yours could get through.

If you can't find a fix here or on the official ATX board, one hint I saw was to press zero once you call in and you'll go straight to tech support without having to get into the queue. Maybe that will work.

this is very sad how their customer support is. I promise you I will not be signing up with them again next year and will be letting everyone around me to use them :D lol.

but yes I will make sure everyone knows how horrible their customer service is.

my sales rep went on lunch break last week and I guess went MIA. ATX has not been staying open and crashes frequently and locks my computer up. (anyone else having problems like this?). and then when I call the 1-800-638-8291 I am put on hold forever.

- last week I was on hold from 9-6 and they failed to fix the issue.

- today I am trying again and have been on hold since lunch break and it is now 4:00

anyone else getting ticked like I am?

Have you tried deleting the Assets folder and then updating all your forms again? That has been a pretty good fix for me this year. Don't know why but it seems that forms are getting corrupted and then ATX won't open or crashes.

Maribeth

If you are on a network: network drive/ATX2012/CCH Small Firm Services/ATX2012/Assets.

If you are on a standalone, I belive that the data path is c:program data/CCH Small Firm Services/ATX2012/Assets.

You delete the entire Assets folder; then go back into ATX2012 and update forms.

I do not know why it has been working, but it has.

Good luck,

Maribeth

Along with the other issues that i have encountered, deleting the assets? With this fix that you have found, are you having to reload the assets again?? I think in that time frame, I could have reloaded the entire form as new. I too am reeady to unload this mess and go to another program. Read the manual? Did not get one.. Call support? What a joke. Embarrasing and not to count the lost hours and income. Why am i paying for the program only to become a computer genius and fix their issues? Any help with the assts would be much appreciated... Good luck all.

To those that seem this is so great must not have back to back clients coming in 8 hrs a day along with emails, and mail ins must have a lot of time to read the 450 page manual off the internet and drink a lot of coffee to stay awake all night...

Along with the other issues that i have encountered, deleting the assets? With this fix that you have found, are you having to reload the assets again?? I think in that time frame, I could have reloaded the entire form as new. I too am reeady to unload this mess and go to another program. Read the manual? Did not get one.. Call support? What a joke. Embarrasing and not to count the lost hours and income. Why am i paying for the program only to become a computer genius and fix their issues? Any help with the assts would be much appreciated... Good luck all.

To those that seem this is so great must not have back to back clients coming in 8 hrs a day along with emails, and mail ins must have a lot of time to read the 450 page manual off the internet and drink a lot of coffee to stay awake all night...

It is 2013 and we live in a computerized world and work in a computerized field. This will never change and only get more complex. Like it or not, you have to have computer skills or hire someone that does.

The user guide is avalible form Return Manager under support. You DID get it.

Your office situation is under YOUR control. There are many of us that have similar or larger practices and client load than you. Do not exepect sympathy from us about your work load or lack of willingness to adjust and adapt.

The firm I work at is open 9:00AM to 9:00PM Mon-Fri and 9:00AM to 4:00PM Sat-Sun. Just FYI. We will do 2,900+ returns by April 15. Now how does YOUR situation stack up?

Rant over. Tired of all the "Why do I have to think and learn" complaints!!

• Like 1

I wasn't being snippy, it's just how it is. And what irks me is that many of the calls are unnecessary, if the users just looked on the boards, read the damn manual, or searched the knowledge base. Then people with pressing issues like yours could get through.

If you can't find a fix here or on the official ATX board, one hint I saw was to press zero once you call in and you'll go straight to tech support without having to get into the queue. Maybe that will work.

thanks.

yeah I find out a lot of stuff from here or just simply researching it. like fe collectr and etc.

Have you tried deleting the Assets folder and then updating all your forms again? That has been a pretty good fix for me this year. Don't know why but it seems that forms are getting corrupted and then ATX won't open or crashes.

Maribeth

sadly I had to go this route because it actually took itself off the server last week. so I had to reinstall it. (gladly I back my files up daily....so I did not lose anything)

I will tell you how I STACK UP. I work from 7am to 8-8:30pm EVERYDAY 7 days a week also and I don't need you to tell me to control my situation. I have used ATX for 7 years now and have always been able to resolve any issues. I used Pro Series for 8 years before that and had no problem. From what I understand, they do not have the issues that we do. I did not get any heads up that this program was changing and I am all for changes when the program can get it together. I have computer skills and I have technical computer back up, thank you. My clients are prescheduled from the year before and I am not about to cancel them due to a sorry computer program that cannot get their act together. I am not sure how many you have working there and it is easier to have more than yourself, but I am not selling out my clients to have more time for myself and passing them to someone else. I process more than 650 tax returns between mid January to April 15th-MYSELF-That is how I stack up. They are not just 1040s with earned income credits either. I do not need you to come on here and tell me to "BUCK UP" and stop whining..I am not a "Statute of Liberty" Service. I am a dedicated Enrolled Agent that works year round and just wants to get the job done. Dont read the posts if you dont want to hear about complaints

Along with the other issues that i have encountered, deleting the assets? With this fix that you have found, are you having to reload the assetsagain??

No, you are not deleting assets in a tax return, but rather the ATX folder that contains forms. In essence, this deletes all your forms, you reboot computer, open the software, make a sandwich while it loads, then click the red update. You will load all new forms. You can probably take a nap while they update. It's a fix to get rid of corrupted forms.

Maribeth gave the directions above, and here is a link to a thread on the other forum that contains the directions, too.

https://community.atxinc.com/forums/thread/115888.aspx

• Like 1

I will tell you how I STACK UP. I work from 7am to 8-8:30pm EVERYDAY 7 days a week also and I don't need you to tell me to control my situation. I have used ATX for 7 years now and have always been able to resolve any issues. I used Pro Series for 8 years before that and had no problem. From what I understand, they do not have the issues that we do. I did not get any heads up that this program was changing and I am all for changes when the program can get it together. I have computer skills and I have technical computer back up, thank you. My clients are prescheduled from the year before and I am not about to cancel them due to a sorry computer program that cannot get their act together. I am not sure how many you have working there and it is easier to have more than yourself, but I am not selling out my clients to have more time for myself and passing them to someone else. I process more than 650 tax returns between mid January to April 15th-MYSELF-That is how I stack up. They are not just 1040s with earned income credits either. I do not need you to come on here and tell me to "BUCK UP" and stop whining..I am not a "Statute of Liberty" Service. I am a dedicated Enrolled Agent that works year round and just wants to get the job done. Dont read the posts if you dont want to hear about complaints

Whoa nellie....this is the board where we play nice...most of the time.

I use the other board to vent, rant, and talk smack about the TURD that CCH has become.

But we do like to be nice here because this is home and we are like family.

I feel your pain brother...it is not a good situation this year. Weird crap coming up. I have 2 computers, a desktop and a laptop. Both are indespensible to the practice. The desktop has no issues to speak of, the laptop has all kinds of weird crap coming up. The latest is you can't add a form to a return unless you bunny hop on the green arrow to the form. What the helllllll........seriously? When you hit add a form, the box opens up, minimizes, and you can't make it come up. You can only close it. Spouse was on the phone from sunup till the battery in the phone died, no help from CCH. We need to go to the remote office tomorrow. Figured out a workaround. Went into 2011, created a dummy return with every form in it (well...Sch A, B, C, D, E, EIC, 8863, etc.) and rolled it. Named it master return and will just duplicate it for a new return. Sucks, but that is life.

Wish you the best this year. Hope it all works out in the end.

Tom

Hollister, CA

I just read on the other forum where that happened to somebody else, and they solved it that way, too. Petty much. Can't wait til I get to work and see if this happens to me as well. Sigh. I think we would all be dead in the water if not for these tax boards. Thanks for the tip, Tom!

• Like 2