ATX Community

YAHOO EVERYTHING WORKS FINE

GeorgeM

Everything is working fine on my standalone system at home. So far so good.

However, at the firm network server with 10 workstations, it is total program devastation....

Downloaded the file from the site. Closed down all workstations, computers completely off. Installed the update file on the server.

NOTHING CHANGED!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! PROGRAM STILL CRASHES AT RANDOM OR ANYTIME TRYING TO CREATE E-FILE.

I have done every step talked about and more. Called sales and demanded to speak to someone who could get me proseries fx. The salesperson told me a supervisor would need to call me. That has been 3 hours ago.

I am calling other companies now.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times, and I am a blithering idiot.

CCH as a company SUCKS. ATX and the development team have been gutted to the point that ATX is no longer a viable product for a network or anyone over 500 clients.

I have completed 95 returns while coping with all the problems. This morning after installing the 12.8 update yesterday I cannot

even get into a return. Popup says program has encountered a problem and has to close. Goodbye. Actually they are not courteous enough to say goodbye. Sure hope something good happens soon as I am unable to do anything.

I posted yesterday that after the update I had no problems, and had not experienced any of the problems that others had with the 12/8 update. Today though, while it doesn't crash, I seem to not be able to have more than one return open at a time. If I have one open and then try to load another, after about 4 minutes of loading process I get the error message that I cannot have more than one return open and that the program is closing that return. Sigh.

I posted yesterday that after the update I had no problems, and had not experienced any of the problems that others had with the 12/8 update. Today though, while it doesn't crash, I seem to not be able to have more than one return open at a time. If I have one open and then try to load another, after about 4 minutes of loading process I get the error message that I cannot have more than one return open and that the program is closing that return. Sigh.

That is the only new thing that I have noticed so far. I did prepare an entire return this AM; pretty simple with four W2s, but completed it from start to e-file without incident. Just when I was really liking the two returns open at once, it is gone.

Same here. Can't have two returns open at once because of "low resources." Also have one return with Form 4562 (the very first one I prepared and have been holding for e-file) that will not open. Software crashes everytime I try. I'm thinking I will probably end up having to delete it and start over from scratch. Anyone else having a similar experience or found a fix for it?

Try deleting form 4562 from the 'assets' folder. the complete instructions to do this are posted somewhere on this board and on the other board. If you know which form may be corrupted, you can just delete and reinstall that one form, not all of the forms, which takes much less time. There's a post on the other board from someone who tried this with form 1065 and had sucess.