ATX Community

ABSOLUTE total chaos on the other board.

FLORIDA TAX MAN

First of all, I feel for their pain. I feel for MY pain too.

But they are YELLING at ATX TO FIX IT NOW----THIS MINUTE---and you know they ain't getting any answers.

I don't see how ATX will survive from this backlash.

ATX was nice enough to give me TaxWise so I'm limping along on that. But I really find it cumbersome and confusing and time consuming. I love ATX and want it back. I can limp along with ATX too except it will not E-file. I can not get a solution to fix my problem. TaxWise will E-file.

If it wasn't for the stupid IRS mandate to E-file, I would do most of it on paper via ATX and just do the clients who want e-file on Tax Wise.

I keep hoping ATX will fix itself including my E-file problem with some magical update.

I really want my ATX back.

• Like 1

I check the other board for solutions to problems but I have given up reading all the rants and curses. It only gets me down and I do not need any more negativity in my life right now.

I believe that many of the problems others are having with ATX belong to their operating system and their RAM. My office switched to Win7 and brand new computers last May and I am so glad that we did.

I have had no problem with efiles so far -- what trouble are you having?

Maribeth

My E Filing is the ONLY thing that is working for me. Have transmitted about 47 tax returns with no problem, until today. I transmitted a tax return with Form 8283, it was accepted but I cannot open the file due to, get this, "the version Form 87 has updated from version 85". When I tried to continue, the system would crash. Now everytime I try to just open the file, system crashes... Would contact support but you guys are lot more helpful. Any one else having the problem, if so what direction are you taking? Other than reloading the file and forcing the information just to give her a copy? Thanks for youir help. BTW, my conversion to another program has started....

I check the other board for solutions to problems but I have given up reading all the rants and curses. It only gets me down and I do not need any more negativity in my life right now.

I believe that many of the problems others are having with ATX belong to their operating system and their RAM. My office switched to Win7 and brand new computers last May and I am so glad that we did.

I have had no problem with efiles so far -- what trouble are you having?

Maribeth

This is absolutely incorrect as there are Preparers with a wide range of system setups that are experiencing massive issues. I've read countless people with 12GB of RAM and quad core processors having difficulty even opening the program and keeping it from crashing. I think everyone is past blaming inadequate system hardware at this point.

I've not had these problems either. Just seems slow opening returns and the minor stuff. I was wondering if those who installed early and on servers might be having continuing problems that the updates just didn't clear out, maybe the updates made things worse. I don't know the answer, just throwing something out. I have lower volume and a stand alone computer, W7, 16gb RAM.

I made the mistake of downloading 12.6 from inside the program and that was the first time I had any issues with crashing. Except for A/R and the drop down boxes, I haven't noticed anything happening with 12.8; if anything it's running with much less CPU usage. The crashing issues mostly came from trying to print to Adobe instead of the ATX printer, and opening up three returns (I duplicate the CA joint return twice for my same sex couples to do their single Federal returns). But I've been working fine with keeping CA open and just doing the singles one at a time.

I still think that some of the network issues started up from people not setting it up correctly in the first place and then having to patch it. Except that Jack is having issues after 12.8, and I trust he knows what he's doing. Tons of the issues are from people not searching for a solution before screaming. Like the X000-005 efile reject. There have got to be 20-50 different threads over there regarding just this issue, which is not a software issue, it's a frikkin' input issue.

I just checked one of my efiled returns (I'll have to amend it since the client got in another W-2 after we filed) and it opened ok.

Just efiled my first 4562 too. I know some of the problems with the 'version' error are due to a corrupted form. Deleting that form in the program files and re-installing it seems to work per other responses on this board and the other one.

I just checked one of my efiled returns (I'll have to amend it since the client got in another W-2 after we filed) and it opened ok.

Just efiled my first 4562 too. I know some of the problems with the 'version' error are due to a corrupted form. Deleting that form in the program files and re-installing it seems to work per other responses on this board and the other one.

I e-filed my first 4562 return last night and had an ack this morning. Things are working well for some of us but it has gotten so that you hold your breath before you click the mouse.

I've downloaded everything since 12.5 directly from the ATX site, with no other programs running, and antivirus scanning shut off. I am on a standalone running Win 7 with 12 GB RAM, and I have had some sort of problem after each update. Today the program is shutting down when I try to open one particular file that wasn't a problem before yesterday. It was one that had lost the unemployment data caused by one of the earlier updates. I've lost track which of the updates was the cause. To add to that: The problem return that I can't open is one that I redid in ATX after installing 12.8, so what happened today that won't allow me to open it is anyone's guess. I'm not doing it in ATX again. It's already been accepted by IRS through Drake.

I've downloaded everything since 12.5 directly from the ATX site, with no other programs running, and antivirus scanning shut off. I am on a standalone running Win 7 with 12 GB RAM, and I have had some sort of problem after each update. Today the program is shutting down when I try to open one particular file that wasn't a problem before yesterday. It was one that had lost the unemployment data caused by one of the earlier updates. I've lost track which of the updates was the cause. To add to that: The problem return that I can't open is one that I redid in ATX after installing 12.8, so what happened today that won't allow me to open it is anyone's guess. I'm not doing it in ATX again. It's already been accepted by IRS through Drake.

i am having a similar issue. A client called me to verify her bank account info on her e-filed return. I can't even open the return to verify her bank info. The program force closes whenever I try to open her return on either the server or the workstation.

I think the difference in levels of frustration depend on how many returns you do. I do 700-800 returns a year with one assistant. We deal with clients face-to face, If you file relatively low volume, and use this program in your own home or in your own office where you don't have to sit in front of clients, plus deal with walk-ins, plus answer the phone... the problems can be incredibly stressful.

And the reason why it's chaos on the other board because the 12.8 update has caused entire offices to shut down. That's a big deal to paid preparers who have an office open to the public.

A quick click on a folder icon on my desktop takes me to any recent tax year pdf files.

A different icon for each year.

Typing the first few letters of the last name takes me right there.

Scroll to whatever page you need.

It also helps when they call to ask how much they still owe you.

Much faster than opening the program and then their return or saving and opening their return.

• Like 1