ATX Community

CCH Introduces Axcess Line of Cloud Software

kcjenkins

They can't even create software that accurately keeps, records or transmits data that is accurate complete and secure on computers in tax preparer's office.

What planet do you think I just landed here from to think that I will trust them with ANYTHING in their cloud based servers?

I was born on Friday, but not last Friday!

But, I will NOT put tax client information on ANY cloud based software.

• Like 2

I detest cloud-based software. Security breaches, unauthorized access, having to pay subscription fees in perpetuity in order to access historic data -- and a whole host of other reasons. Never.

I have one accounting client who uses QB Online; it is horrible. They have outside sales people who have to be able to access the QB file from anywhere, though, so in the ONE instance I don't grump about it too much. (However, I do grump to them about it. They agree with my reasons but have not *yet* had reason to regret their decision.)

Guest Taxed

I will NOT use a cloud based tax prep software except for a backup option (pay per return) because I don't have any good options. My main objection are as follows:

1) They control your client files. It is on their servers NOT your hard drive and should you choose to leave them and want access to all your client files you will have to pay a kings ransom in order to convert the data. That is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to me. It is my clients and my data. I should NOt have to pay for my own property.

2) With cloud based software you will need internet access 100% of the time to use that software. In my work environment that is not always possible.

Unfortunately the future looks bleak for desktop based tax software. Most companies will offer cloud based solutions and once the tipping point is reached it will most likely end support or enhancement of desktop based software, or make it economically unfeasable. I can see the writing on the wall! If that day comes I may have to think about another line of work!

• Like 3

All of the above plus I'm out in the boonies so lose internet access even more often than I lose electricity, and for over a week at a time. Currently, I take my external hard drive off my desktop and take my laptop and drive to the library or a school comfort station where I can have power and get some work done. I wouldn't want to access the internet over such a public system, though. Want to be working from my hard drive in a public environment.

• Like 2