ATX Community

12.17 - are you brave enough?

MDCPA

Hey Jack.

http://myatx.blogspot.com/2013/05/1217-program-update-what-is-in-it-and.html - this is link with what's inside the update incl a list with items resolved in 12.17(due to 12.16 ;)) and one single functionality added.

Any idea is it possible 12.16 to be built into 12.17!? As I haven't installed 12.16 so far, I don't find it very clever to run 12.17 too ...

On another hand, a new feature allowing faster data entry on detail worksheets is not to be missed, but I'm afraid I might screw up the whole program ... and I don't find this portalsafe tool (wth is this and does anyone use it at all!?) very suitable and useful in my case. :dunno:

I copied these posts from the ATX board about 12.17: Different strokes for different folks.

"Updated this morning and no problems encountered.

Print manager still slow to open.

Program doesn't seem as sluggish as prior versions.

Windows 2000 Domain Server
Workstations WinXP, SP3, 2GB ram"

"I updated this morning. I see no change. It seems to be worse. It took almost 5 minutes to open a return. Navigating between forms as a time lag. I think the program is getting slower. Version 12.13 seemed to be the best one."

"My program was not responding and then crashed 2x this am so I thought ok - bite the bullet and update..

WRONG_O_

ssssooo slow! waiting for anything to happen, opening a return, waiting for it to change between forms

I am so sorry I updated!

I do not have time for this!"

Anyone who has not upgraded their hardware and operating systems by now, will continue to have trouble with ATX. It has been posted here MANY times that for the program to be at least "useable in a somewhat reasonable manner" you need WIN7, lots of RAM and several other things previously detailed on this board.

Still, people refuse to upgrade hardware while holding on to the software. I upgraded my standalone at home to 12.17 and have not seen any issues yet.

More information about the network when I go back to the firm on Monday.

• Like 1

A poster on the ATX board, who just updated to 12.17, reports that he is unable to add and open any new forms.

He was able to get thru to Tech Suport and was told that they are aware of the problem, but they weren't able to help him.

"Hope is not a strategy."

Guess I got lucky again. Updated, no problems with opening program or returns or adding new forms. The program still opens slower than I would like but I found it opens much quicker for me if I close out of it and reopen. I don't do it often, just checking.

I strategically hope that I have not now jinxed myself.

Although I have had very very few issues KNOCK LOTS OF WOOD I decided for the first time to not renew early. The 10% discount with another paltry 5% maybe added by the rep was not enough to sway me this time. I can live with this another year if it doesn't get worse as my practice is small and my patience is fairly abundant. YMMV...

• Like 1

Its a DISASTER for me. Running XP,stand alone, ATX no longer runs- the usual ATX has encounter approblem then lists 3 pages of garble. Tech support stated that VEr 18 to come out next week should correct all the problems. If it does not must reinstall, and than update to the last Ver that worked, even if limited,

• 3 weeks later...