ATX Community

Site downtime

Eric

Hey folks,

Sorry about the downtime yesterday. This is the second time this week that we've experienced issues with the sites slowing down and crashing.

The problem was at the data center where my server is located.

Anyway, I believe they have fixed the issue for good now, but we'll see. I'm also scheduled to migrate all of my websites to a brand new server within the next couple weeks, and those things usually come with a bump or two.

I should probably start a blog at Blogger or WordPress.com to communicate with you guys when the site goes down and I can't get the word out.

There are certain things that a webmaster, even one as good and skillful as Eric, cannot control. Quality of server space and maintenance is one of those things.

Keep doing the fine job you have been Eric!! I am certain that all users, especially us techie types that know all that happens in the background, APPRECIATE all you have to do to provide us this site!!

Time for everyone to hit the donate button again. Even if Eric insists that he doesn't need it, he deserves our thanks in a tangible way as well.

• Like 1

I do have another server at FortressITX, a data center in Clifton NJ, and if things continue to go badly over the next few days, I'll have to see what I can do about moving everything there at least temporarily.

As a short time member, My THANKS too. Also, an extra THANKS for NOT thinking of using the "Raven Database". :-) :-)

The errors are related, still having some issues with the data center. There are about 30 servers all suffering from the same low level software (Linux kernel / configuration related) problems.

This is my primary provider, and I'm strongly considering a switch, but choosing a company is a very difficult task. I've got jury duty all next week, so this couldn't possibly be happening at a worse time.

I'm still holding out hope, though, that they'll get their :poop: together by this weekend.