ATX Community

Disk has arrived any terminal server users

Philip1117

Follow the installation instructions. There is only one correct installation for each computer. Install on the "server" first. Use the CD and install on all other computers.

Do not overthink the procedure. Forget all you knew about installing ATX before. NONE of the previous installation information you know has any value. DO NOT read things into the installation process.

• Like 1

ATX™ 2013 – Not Supported / Not Recommended

While we do not prevent the use of the following products/environments, we neither support nor recommend their use for the reasons listed in the following chart. Like other software organizations, we cannot support environments that we do not use as part of our product testing. If you choose to use a non-supported product with ATX, you may require additional assistance from a qualified computer technician.

Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), Terminal Services
Windows® Terminal Server or Terminal Services
Citrix® products that enhance Terminal Services
TeamViewer
Bomgar™
WebEx (Cisco).
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Virtualization Technology4 (“virtual machines”)
XP Mode on Windows® 7
VMware®
Hyper-V (Microsoft)
Parallels® (Apple - Mac)
VirtualBox (Oracle)
Xen® (Linux) Wireless Networks
Computers are connected by wireless network cards (instead of physical cables) so they can share files, printers and Internet access.

When did YOU become part of the ATX support team? I find you posting these things to have no reason other than to disseminate information to confuse and cause trouble.

Since you are not using ATX, why do you do these things?

Mods should ban you from this kind of posting about product that you are not using or going to use.

This is my opinion based on all the posting you do.

When did YOU become part of the ATX support team? I find you posting these things to have no reason other than to disseminate information to confuse and cause trouble.

Since you are not using ATX, why do you do these things?

Mods should ban you from this kind of posting about product that you are not using or going to use.

This is my opinion based on all the posting you do.

I am not part of ATX support team.

People can check with ATX support if what I posted is in fact what they say. i did NOT make this up this is their information.

The reason why I do it is because you do NOT give other ATX users a straight answer to a straight question. Just read all the answers you give to other peoples questions.

The mods can decide for themselves if they want to ban me for giving correct information as prescribed by the software publisher.

Jack,

Thanks for the help. Taxed, the terminal server was not supported in earlier versions yet it worked well for us. Hopefully this version will work as well. If not I'll need to be prepared with a plan B.

Jack does your setup include using a terminal sever. We do over 2000 returns and I need to avoid last years issues.

Phil

<<<<The reason why I do it is because you do NOT give other ATX users a straight answer to a straight question. Just read all the answers you give to other peoples questions.>>>>

Taxed,

When did YOU become knowledgeable enough about ATX to decide what others need or do not need. I find your position pompous and without basis. I have made information available to anyone who is willing to ask.

Now stop pretending to be knowledgeable. It is becoming annoying.

• Like 1

Taxed,.

....It is becoming annoying.

Taxed, I agree with Jack on this one. Those that have knowledge of the new ATX program should be the ones giving the advice.

Follow the installation instructions. There is only one correct installation for each computer. Install on the "server" first. Use the CD and install on all other computers.

Do not overthink the procedure. Forget all you knew about installing ATX before. NONE of the previous installation information you know has any value. DO NOT read things into the installation process.

I agree with Jack about following the instructions, no matter what program we are installing. As we've seen and had been commented on in previous years, quite a few questions that were asked were because people didn't read the instruction manuals!

• Like 2

And I agree with Judy. We are not giving you "a warning" because it does not rise to that level, but we are BOTH requesting that you knock it off on this type of posting. It serves no purpose except to add a negative tone to discussions you really do not have any special knowledge about. Please, your animosity toward Jack is obviously driving this, to the detriment of the tone this board normally has.

• Like 2

This is truly excellent advice. The only problem I ever had with installing ATX was the year I did not bother to read the instructions FIRST. Every year can bring some changes in the steps, and even slight changes can make a difference.

And I agree with Judy. We are not giving you "a warning" because it does not rise to that level, but we are BOTH requesting that you knock it off on this type of posting. It serves no purpose except to add a negative tone to discussions you really do not have any special knowledge about. Please, your animosity toward Jack is obviously driving this, to the detriment of the tone this board normally has.

Are you saying what I just posted is inaccurate? It is directly from ATX.

I have no animosity towards Jack or for that matter anyone else on this board. I do not know them personally.

If the information i posted is not helpful, just ignore it.

I am saying that picking out bits and pieces of ATX KnowledgeBase docs, to try to IMPLY that Jack is giving wrong advice, is not helpful. And saying

I have no animosity towards Jack

is ludicrous, to anyone who has followed the feud you too have engaged in. Please, if you honestly don't realize that is driving you, take the word of both Judy and myself, that we clearly see it. We are both hoping you will rise above that.

• Like 2

ATX™ 2013 – Not Supported / Not Recommended

you may require additional assistance from a qualified computer technician.

That's a simple disclaimer from ATX. Just like the one I see when I open a monitor that is wrapped in plastic.... it states that I run the risk of suffocation and choking.

I am saying that picking out bits and pieces of ATX KnowledgeBase docs, to try to IMPLY that Jack is giving wrong advice, is not helpful. And saying

is ludicrous, to anyone who has followed the feud you too have engaged in. Please, if you honestly don't realize that is driving you, take the word of both Judy and myself, that we clearly see it. We are both hoping you will rise above that.

Show me where I said in that post or a follow up that Jack is giving wrong advice. Please do NOT put words in my mouth!

No, you are careful not to state it, you just, as I said, IMPLY it .

I've said all I am going to say. I'll leave it to Judy now.

IMPLY as in taking the info directly from ATX document and posting it.

"I have no animosity towards Jack"

Very well stated.

• Like 1

Taxed, as I tried to say earlier in the thread, those of us that have moved away from ATX should stop commenting on it. A new year's program is coming out that only those people renewing will have a working knowledge of its intricacies, and its strong and weak points. While you and I and others still have access to the KBs and some other promotional materials from the ATX site, we do not have first hand experience with installation and use of ATX 2013, so please stop commenting and let those who do have the hands-on experience give the advice. It is up to each user of any program to read the manual and accompanying materials to decide if his or her computer's configuration is appropriate.

I think we are all getting anxious to see our chosen program and the new forms that we will be working with this season. Our job is hard enough without having this constant bickering and picking on each other in these posts.

• Like 1

I am not trying to give advice to anybody from stuff that I don't know. i was simply posting that which is public knowledge on ATX material and was a simple what is supported what is not. I was trying to give the OP a straight answer to his question.

I was not aware that the position of this board not to comment on software that we do not currently use. :dunno:

I am not trying to give advice to anybody from stuff that I don't know. i was simply posting that which is public knowledge on ATX material and was a simple what is supported what is not. I was trying to give the OP a straight answer to his question.

I'll try one more time by showing you that the OP's question was this: "...has anyone been successful at installing on the terminal server? Which install did you select?"

You can't possibly answer that question since you aren't installing ATX 2013. Even those that have renewed with ATX for this year and are installing on a standalone system actually wouldn't be able to answer the exact question that was asked by the OP.

The OP has indicated that he received an answer.

• Like 1

I'll try one more time by showing you that the OP's question was this: "...has anyone been successful at installing on the terminal server? Which install did you select?"

You can't possibly answer that question since you aren't installing ATX 2013. Even those that have renewed with ATX for this year and are installing on a standalone system actually wouldn't be able to answer the exact question that was asked by the OP.

The OP has indicated that he received an answer.

This is the part that is frustrating for me. I HAVE installed 2013 (not just the beta test version) and I HAVE experience with all the questions being asked.

Thank You Judy for seeing and understanding my dilemma...

• Like 1