ATX Community

E-file status field values

HV Ken

Believe it or not, I am e-filing our first return today. I noticed at least the initial value reported in the status field is different this year. Last year it was "Transmitted to ATX" then "Validated by ATX" then something like "Transmitted to Agency" and finally "Accepted".

Can someone describe the status values used through the submission cycle for a return that e-files successfully?

Created

\/

Validated by EFC

\/

\/

\/

Accepted

...please fill in the blanks!

Thanks.

As far as I've seen with the returns I've sent so far, its like this:

Created

Validated by EFC (it says this until "Accepted" & ack is sent)

Accepted (by IRS)

I don't think we have a "transmitted to ATX" any more. My e-files have gone straight to the Validated status as soon as EFC receives them. I haven't had any rejected by EFC yet.

If the state is piggybacked, the state will say "IRS cleared" while the return has been sent from IRS to state & IRS is waiting on the ack from the state to be returned to them.

What do I do if it says "HELD"? I could not create a VA e-file yesterday after an update, then another update was available and the e-file would create but now it won't go anywhere, it justs says "HELD". Will it eventually come off that status by itself or am I going to have to keep creating it until finally it says "CREATED"?

Doesn't that have to do with how you have your settings? (under the e-file tab) Under Options, Prefrences, then E-File Manager.

There is where you choose State efile options. "ask to hold and release", "always hold and release" or "never hold and release" You might want to check your settings there.

What do I do if it says "HELD"? I could not create a VA e-file yesterday after an update, then another update was available and the e-file would create but now it won't go anywhere, it justs says "HELD". Will it eventually come off that status by itself or am I going to have to keep creating it until finally it says "CREATED"?

gailtaxed, mine says HOLD ME. What's that mean?????

Booger

Under my preferences, I've selected "Always hold and release" but when I created an efile, the status was "Created". I then selected and marked both federal and state (Ohio) files as "Held". When I checked back later, both were marked as "Rejected by EFC". I have only done 2 efiles. I followed the same process for both (I was waiting for the signed 8879 forms before transmitting). I had not transmitted any files so I couldn't have transmitted the returns I wanted held by mistake. My work around was to re-create the efiles. I've transmitted one and was immediately given "Validated by EFC" as the status. The other is still held.

Under my preferences, I've selected "Always hold and release" but when I created an efile, the status was "Created". I then selected and marked both federal and state (Ohio) files as "Held". When I checked back later, both were marked as "Rejected by EFC". I have only done 2 efiles. I followed the same process for both (I was waiting for the signed 8879 forms before transmitting). I had not transmitted any files so I couldn't have transmitted the returns I wanted held by mistake. My work around was to re-create the efiles. I've transmitted one and was immediately given "Validated by EFC" as the status. The other is still held.

Remember...If you create an e-file for a return, then make any changes to that return (however insignificant), the status of the e-file will change to "Rejected by ATX". This forces you to go back and re-create the e-file...ensuring that it was created with the most recent version of the return.