ATX Community

Program Update for Feb. 6, 2014

Jack from Ohio

ATX program update, Version 13.3, will be released Tuesday Feb. 4th- mid-afternoon.

ATX Version 13.3 to be Released on Feb. 4
We will release the next ATX program update, Version 13.3, on Tuesday, Feb. 4, in mid-afternoon.
Version 13.3 will improve server connectivity, fix mailing label alignment, remove case-sensitivity for the admin user name, and resolve other issues. For a complete list, see the Release Notes (Click link below).
Version 13.3 will become the required minimum version for e-filing on Tuesday, Feb. 18. Until that time, you may continue to e-file with Version 13.2.1, but we encourage you to update to Version 13.3 as soon as possible after its release.
Remember that the Program button in ATX turns red when a program update is available. Simply click the button to download the update.
Posted by

Stephanie Bradford at 9:16 PM icon18_edit_allbkg.gif

Here is a bit more detail....

Yes, update 13.3 that is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, February 4th does address the back-up issues and some other highlights include:

• Server Connectivity issues - we have implemented some changes that should improve server connectivity and reduce your need to manually retry the connection.
  • Installing an Update: Some customers experienced problems installing an update after downloading it from the ATX website. This issue has been resolved.
  • Mailing Label Alignment: Alignment issues on printed mailing labels have been resolved.
  • Tax Warehouse Data from Rollover: Rollover data in the Tax Warehouse tab no longer displays in the current year tab.
  • Form Rates Now Backed Up: Form rates are now consistently backed up, along with hourly rates, companies, payers, and preparer/ERO data.
  • Filters on the Accounts Receivable Tab: Now working properly.
  • Admin User Name No Longer Case-Sensitive. In previous ATX 2013 builds, you had to enter the Admin user name login with a capital "A." Case-sensitivity no longer applies to any user name—Admin included.
  • l Modifying Security User Groups: You no longer have to close and re-open Security Manager to see a change made to a user group.
  • Form filter changes: Form-type filters (such as Individual, Corporate, etc.) are now visible for every form type. They will no longer change dynamically depending on the returns types in the manager. This change, which applies to Return, Rollover, and E-file Managers, was made to improve performance in these managers.
  • Bank Manager: We have resolved several issues relating to data properly appearing in the Bank Manager. In addition, we have:
    • Restored the Display Rejection Errors function.
    • Re-enabled the Fee Report.
    • Preserved the "Accepted" bank status of imported bank applications.
    • Resolved issues with displaying data in and printing the Acknowledgement History report.

The reason I asked about that version is because I am getting rejects because I don't have it, yet my updating says I am current and have all the versions that have come out. For what it is worth, I am also not able to make a .pdf file out of the Comparison yet can make one of the entire return (same client). Hmmm. Since I am in the "complaining" mood this morning, why do all the columns in my Return Manager keep moving? I get them set like I want them and then after I have opened a couple of returns, they are all missed up again

The last time I updated the program, a little guy wearing a sombrero and pulling a little donkey walked out from behind my computer and shouted "TACOS!"...then disappeared back behind my computer. While that is an interestingg added feature, I never actually received any tacos...so in the end, all this update did was make me hungry. Hopefully, ATX has addressed this issue in today's update.

• Like 3

The last time I updated the program, a little guy wearing a sombrero and pulling a little donkey walked out from behind my computer and shouted "TACOS!"...then disappeared back behind my computer. While that is an interestingg added feature, I never actually received any tacos...so in the end, all this update did was make me hungry. Hopefully, ATX has addressed this issue in today's update.

Have you tried calling the ATX Taco Support line? They are probably overwhelmed right now but it will be worth the wait.

Have you tried calling the ATX Taco Support line? They are probably overwhelmed right now but it will be worth the wait.

I understand the Burrito Support line has much faster response time.

• Like 1

If you want free tacos, get a ticket to a Michigan State Mens basketball home game and wait until they get 70 points or more.

A free taco to the ticket holder at Taco bell after the game...