ATX Community

ATX 13.3 All Screwed UP

FRUSTRATED

I just downloaded the 13.3 update and now I cannot get into my software or get online to support. They won't answer their phones in ATL - been on hold for over one hour. Giving me all sorts of "Server" error messages. Nothing wrong with my server. Is their server down? I've never received "server" error messages before. Also asking me when I attempt to sign in "which account user" I want to use. This has never happened before. Cannot get on ATX Solution center - won't take any passwords. I was able to change the password and it won't take the new one. I'm ready to scream! I haven't paid 90% of my bill for the 2013 software and I'm threatening not to pay. I've had it. This is unacceptable, especially during tax season.

Is your ATX Service started?

You can check this by doing the following. Click your windows key and hold it down and press the letter R. In the run box type services.msc. Look for the ATX 2013 service and restart it. Then try opening ATX 2013 with it running.

Also if you have any sort of Firewall like norton. Try turning it off and seeing if that works.

Ignore the server warning and click retry. It is related to windows system resources and how fast your hard drives turn off or go to sleep.

Also, the server message is for the actual system you are working on, not the network server.

Just click retry and go on.

If you have a router with a hardware firewall, turn off ALL software firewalls and internet security functions except your anti-virus. All those programs interfere with the program talking to the server.

• Like 1

I get that error at random times. Very annoying. I still haven't figured out a pattern to it. Sometimes goes hours fine, and then it starts. Weird. Clicking retry doesn't always work, I have to manually restart the service which always works. Seems worse after I've rolled over returns.

Change the settings on all the computers in your system so that the computer never goes to sleep and the harddrive never stops. Control panel, power settings, advanced settings.

• Like 1

Change the settings on all the computers in your system so that the computer never goes to sleep and the harddrive never stops. Control panel, power settings, advanced settings.

OK, now that makes sense. Every once in a while I get that on my traveling laptop. Never knew why it did not happen on the main computer. Now I know. I have the laptop set to go to sleep in 10 minutes if inactive.

Thanks Jack.

Tom

Hollister, CA

There are no settings for hibernate, or sleep,etc in my system, but I get the error just the same. Clicking retry doesn't work and occasionally locks up temporarily. Here's the link to the ATX KB method which works for me every time.

http://cchsfs-atx.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14639/kw/

There are settings for sleep, hibernate and harddrive powerdown on all PC's. I do not know for sure if APPLE computers have those settings. But, I didn't think ATX made a version for Apple.

I have never had to manually restart the server. Check again in control panel, power options for the settings.

I just downloaded the 13.3 update and now I cannot get into my software or get online to support. They won't answer their phones in ATL - been on hold for over one hour. Giving me all sorts of "Server" error messages. Nothing wrong with my server. Is their server down? I've never received "server" error messages before. Also asking me when I attempt to sign in "which account user" I want to use. This has never happened before. Cannot get on ATX Solution center - won't take any passwords. I was able to change the password and it won't take the new one. I'm ready to scream! I haven't paid 90% of my bill for the 2013 software and I'm threatening not to pay. I've had it. This is unacceptable, especially during tax season.

then kiss my grits "frustrated"...why do I think you are a one post troll?

then kiss my grits "frustrated"...why do I think you are a one post troll?

I am in agreement. He certainly has not paid attention to any information put out by ATX or he would not have waited this long to update.

I smell a troll....

Ignore the server warning and click retry. It is related to windows system resources and how fast your hard drives turn off or go to sleep.

Also, the server message is for the actual system you are working on, not the network server.

Just click retry and go on.

If you have a router with a hardware firewall, turn off ALL software firewalls and internet security functions except your anti-virus. All those programs interfere with the program talking to the server.

I got to disagree to some extent. This happens 4-5 times per return when either opening or closing or trying to print. Do I have to go as far as disabling the firewall on router and firewall hardware and server?

I got to disagree to some extent. This happens 4-5 times per return when either opening or closing or trying to print. Do I have to go as far as disabling the firewall on router and firewall hardware and server?

If you have a good hardware firewall in your router, disable ALL software firewalls, and set permissions on the server machine to allow all users access to the ATX files.

Check the power settings on all your machines. Doing this reduced the occurrences here to once an hour or so. Eliminate all toolbars. Eliminate any "we will do XXXXXXX for you" programs.