ATX Community

jshtax

That will work if the program files are in the wrong place, or other files are in the ATXServer2013 folders.

My network and home computer had NONE of the files in the wrong place. Hence, I have created a conundrum with the developers about what is causing my issues.

Doing those steps are very tech oriented, and if you are not comfortable understanding exactly what the steps mean, you should NOT try to do them on your own.

I have sent a fervent e-mail to my connections at ATX asking WTF?

Here is what I know about updating to 13.4:

If you are using on ONE computer, just do the update.

If you are using more than one computer in a network:

1. Update the computer designated as the "server" for ATX. If you have a dedicated server do the update there first.
  2. Update each of the other computers ONE AT A TIME!!! We lost an hour when I had 4 different systems doing program updates at the same time. When All systems were updated, I had to shut down all computers, reboot the server and restart the workstations one at a time. At this point, all seems to be working except the "server retry" problem is happening more often.
  3. If you are having major issues after updating, follow the procedure I stated in #2 above and do NOT miss any steps or instructions.

More info if I get it from ATX.

I don't get this - there is no ATX on the server this year. The program is just on the clients.

I don't get this - there is no ATX on the server this year. The program is just on the clients.

On the server machine, go to C:Program DataCCH Small Firms ServicesATX 2013 Server

There you will find the Server folders and where all the files reside for the program.

If you have a server only machine, updates must be run manually by downloading the files from MYATX and running them on the server only machine.

Sunday, I had asked my tech man to remotely logon to our server to do the update for me. Before starting we were looking at the hard disk usage and saw we were almost at 90% usage. We did the update anyway, and rechecked the usage and were at 99%. RED alert! Our c-drive has 199 gig.

He moved files off the server's c-drive to make additional room, so for now we are ok. But that was disconcerting to have that happen immediately after the update to 13.4.

Monday had no problems.