ATX Community

$256 at HRB for W-2 and 2210

HV Ken

Wow. I think we are not charging enough. New client this year, HRB customer last year. Same return - HRB charged $256 - I cannot get our fee even close to that. I think when people complain about our fees from now on, I am going to hand them their papers and say "why don't you check out HRB and see what they charge."

My new motto: Better service. Better price. More experience. Choose three!

• Like 4

Wow. I think we are not charging enough. New client this year, HRB customer last year. Same return - HRB charged $256 - I cannot get our fee even close to that. I think when people complain about our fees from now on, I am going to hand them their papers and say "why don't you check out HRB and see what they charge."

My new motto: Better service. Better price. More experience. Choose three!

I've sent a few complainers over to HRB.....they always come back.

Here's what I want to know....

They take their fee from your refund, right.

But suppose someone goes there....and surprise, surprise....they owe.

I wonder how many pay the fee....and how many walk, never to be seen again?

I charge $240 for that same service. I've worked for Jackson Hewitt in the past and know they increase their fees every year. Tabby you're right about them turning into the invisible man when they owe the government. LOL!

New client referred to me paid HRB $243 last year for a return with income less than the filing requirement (She is 82), only had to file to receive refund from withholding. They filed a schedule A and told her she saved a bunch of money. Would have taken me 15 minutes for the return had I not had to enter her new information.