ATX Community

How Dense can a person be?

mrichman333

I needed a client to get a copy of his 1099G (unemployment income).

NJ now makes you get it online or in person. So I explained to the guy "I need the numbers" off your 1099G and told him he can get it on line.

1st he calls back and tells me he got the form but it says not for use, information only, should he call 1-800-get forms. He went to IRS.gov and looked up 1099G DAH

I told him NJ used to send 1099G showing unemployment payments but now you have to get it on line from NJ. He has a online account and I know he has used it from print outs he gave me.

2. I get another call from him and he says here are the numbers. OMB=1545-0121 What the Heck!!!! he took "the numbers" off the form.

Now I may have been able to explain better to him what I needed from him, but really, how dense can you be?

He's been unemployed for two years, this isn't new to him

• Like 5

staff is more dense than clients.... while I was typing the above post, our new 25 y/o intern came in with my daily deposit in his hand. 3 checks from clients and he asks are you sure you want to deposit this in this account? why? because you are depositing into Citibank and the checks come from chase and td. and my wife wonders why I drink at work!

• Like 7

staff is more dense than clients.... while I was typing the above post, our new 25 y/o intern came in with my daily deposit in his hand. 3 checks from clients and he asks are you sure you want to deposit this in this account? why? because you are depositing into Citibank and the checks come from chase and td. and my wife wonders why I drink at work!

:wall: that's what this kind of thing makes me want to do, hit my head against a wall.

• Like 2

Had a "kid" the other day working on doctorate in computer sciences. Needs to pay the IRS $6.00. Says "I guess I have to get my Mother help me with this". I am thinking that you do not have $6

with a $100K trust? No he does not know how to write a check. Got a little brighter when he saw the letter that he could pay on-line. Modernism.

He's an auto mechanic. But he will never work on my car .lol

I wouldn't let an auto mechanic work on my car either. An auto technician maybe. I am one and teach auto technology. Cars are tough today. Also, there are alot of kids coming through HS that can't do the basic functions in life such as write a check. Hence the personal finance class we now have.

I wouldn't let an auto mechanic work on my car either. An auto technician maybe. I am one and teach auto technology. Cars are tough today. Also, there are alot of kids coming through HS that can't do the basic functions in life such as write a check. Hence the personal finance class we now have.

Heck, a lot of them get to college not knowing anything about a bank account! When I taught accounting at ASU, I tried to use back account terms to help the students remember debits and credits the way I did as a new accounting student. For assets, think of your #1 asset, cash in bank. Debits = deposits, so increase the asset. Credits = checks, so decrease the asset. Well, guess what, half the class, on average, had never had a bank account, never written a check, never made a deposit.

• Like 3

Just after graduating High School in 1979 I enrolled in Auto Tech school and graduated with a certificate in combustion engine restoration. Spent a month working at an auto dealership where all I was allowed to do was change oil and do undercoating. I enrolled in college the very next month. I wouldn't know where to start on an engine in today's cars.