ATX Community

1099MISC e-file

jklcpa

Tried to create the e-file for 1099-MISC & program wants and answer to whether or not this client has filed Form 6847 -Consent for IRS to Release Information as it relates to the Combined Fed/State Filing Program. Huh? This "yes" or "no" question is on the Payers Tab of the 1099MISC input area.

I just thought that efiling these was easier than printing on the red & mailing. If paper filing these, I'd normally only file copies with the Fed.

My client is not required to file electronically or on magnetic media.

So on the tab, should I just check "no" and be done, or is my client required to file 6847 before I can e-file these?

Tried to create the e-file for 1099-MISC & program wants and answer to whether or not this client has filed Form 6847 -Consent for IRS to Release Information as it relates to the Combined Fed/State Filing Program. Huh? This "yes" or "no" question is on the Payers Tab of the 1099MISC input area.

I just thought that efiling these was easier than printing on the red & mailing. If paper filing these, I'd normally only file copies with the Fed.

My client is not required to file electronically or on magnetic media.

So on the tab, should I just check "no" and be done, or is my client required to file 6847 before I can e-file these?

Form 6847 must be completed if the state requires that the information on the 1099 be forwarded to them after it goes to the federal. If it is not required by the state, then check NO.

You just click on the "EFILE" icon at the top of the screen. As long as you have an EFIN in the Preparer Manager, the 1099 e-filing should work. Check that the returns are batched in the E-File manager tab. Good luck.

You may want to wait on the e-filing to see if any of us other 1099 e-filers are getting ACKs before the due date. I e-filed my 1099's in late January. After the 940/941 debacle, I wish I had not already e-filed the 1099s, cuz if CCH has problems filing these it is going to be another big mess to clean up.

Possible good news on 1099 e-files.... The ATX E-file notice says that all 1099 batches posted OK at the IRS. And that ATX must now get the ACKs posted to our accounts. Is it possible? Are things working correctly? .... I thought the ACK posting was a programmed process, but apparently there is a lot of ATX manual intervention involved.