ATX Community

Weird behavior on this site

Margaret CPA in OH

For some reason the topics about the organizers and ACA refuse to go to the 'read' status no matter what I do. Clues, anyone? I can't tell whether there is a new comment.

Having the same issues here.  Some of my replies won't post either.

Eric mentioned some possible issues with the server company he is currently using.  Maybe it is related.

I'm not having any issues, but around midnight last night I could not access this site. The message said that it couldn't find this site's server, and then it came back within a short amount of time. All other sites I tried were working, so I assumed this one was having problems.  Maybe Eric will have some answers as to what is going on.

Near the top of each forum, toward the right and just above the first post there is a link that functions to mark all in that forum as being read.

Also, out on the main page that lists all the forums and subforums, you'll see a balloon (like used in comics) that has a set of quotes in it. If you click that, it marks that entire forum as "read" without having to open it.

Near the top of each forum, toward the right and just above the first post there is a link that functions to mark all in that forum as being read.

Also, out on the main page that lists all the forums and subforums, you'll see a balloon (like used in comics) that has a set of quotes in it. If you click that, it marks that entire forum as "read" without having to open it.

Thanks, that worked for the General Chat but not Off Topic. When I click on that, the bold disappears but when I go to Chat, it returns and 3 topics are still bolded. Maybe tomorrow...

About the downtime, that was scheduled server maintenance, but it was brief.  There could have been a couple of weird hiccups on either side as services came back online.

As far as marking a forum read... I'm sorry, that's weird.  It works for me.  I'll keep trying to reproduce the issues.  What browser and version are you using?

Also, if you do mark a forum as read, and then you come back and items are bolded again (but there aren't new replies) maybe try refreshing the page.  Also try Shift + F5  or Ctrl + F5 to do a hard refresh, which should rule out any browser cache issues.

Margaret, are you still having any issues?

Also, just another tip more related to the email you sent, if there is a specific topic you want to follow closely, click the "Follow this topic" button at the top of the thread.  It'll send you notifications when there are replies.

Rita, that is beyond weird.

Everyone should see the same list of topics, with the exception of hidden topics that only moderators can see.  I can't even begin to explain why some people wouldn't see random threads.

I've got a couple minor forum software updates to do, and I'll try to tackle them tonight.  There could be some short downtime during the update, but probably no longer than 15 minutes... I'm not really very optimistic that it'll change anything, but we'll see.

I keep refreshing the page to see what shows up on the topic list, and then looking at the topics, and it's always accurate.  

Not being able to reproduce a thing is really frustrating. 

For those of you who see mismatched information in the topic list... does it ever change if you just refresh the page?

For those of you who see mismatched information in the topic list... does it ever change if you just refresh the page?

No, that did not work when I tried it yesterday.

However, at the moment things appear ok, but not because I took any action.  Out of the blue does appear to be applicable.