ATX Community

All I needed...

joanmcq

Last night during a bill paying session, I bent over to file my utility bills in my home office folder. SPAZZ! My back has a muscle spasm. Managed to get off the floor & into my desk chair and finished the bills. Still in pain this morning, so I took a Soma to try to get my muscles to relax. Good thing I only have one appointment today and it's a delivery. I'm loopy.

My hot tub has been broken for months. My bathtub is still full of feathers from a cat/bird incident. Like I get around to housecleaning during the season! Oh, and my assistant has a cold.

Yesterday I just could not wake up and got near to nothing done, but the bill paying. All I want to do is sleep right now.....

But it did rain a wee bit last night.

• Like 4

The biggest issue with a root canal is the paper the dentist hands you at the end.  I remember my first one was just that way.  Went through it without issue and was thinking that this is not nearly as bad as I have heard it to be.  And then I saw the dentist's bill.  Ouch!

Joan - hope your back gets better and you can get it together.  This is no time for napping! :)

• Like 1

Yes my dr told me that yesterday at my review. How do you explain to clients that you will be extending without offending? My helper was out the entire month of Jan and half of Fed due to shoulder surgey. My mom had back surgery 3 weeks ago when she woke up and could not move. How do I even attempt to catch up when I am already mentally exhausted? Just trying to figure out what to do.

I tell my clients that I will *not* rush to finish their return just to make the deadline; that I will take the time to do it right and if that means an extension then that's what it means.  I've had a few clients who worried it would make them more likely to be audited - they calm down when I tell them a return that has been properly prepared does *not* increase the chances -- rather the other way around!

This year, anyone who fusses will also be informed of ( a ) delays due to all the %$#@ snow, ( b ) delays getting papers *to* me because we were all too busy shoveling and recovering from shoveling, and ( c ) my unexpected mid-season dental work.  Anyone who gets in a huff can go somewhere else next year.

• Like 5

My return always gets extended too. It is in a mostly done state, but if tax season is good to me, I might do a last minute IRA. before I got the employee, it was a last minute 401(k).

I am feeing much better today! Watched The Voice last night, then my head cleared enough to finish the clients that were mostly done Saturday night. Then went to bed, another 9 hours of sleep (that's got to be nearly 20 hours in the last 48). Almost ready to see all the client booked for this afternoon. But I hope no one asks me any complicated questions.

• Like 4

I had a *wonderful* nap for a couple of hours and took it easy tonight.  No tax work; I finished reading a book in beta (out for edits and commentary but close to done) for someone, added my final comments, and sent it off.  And I also had the most delicious cup of tea and slice of well-buttered toast this world has ever seen.  

Ready for bed now!  Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

• Like 3