ATX Community

Solicitation spam - or serious?

Catherine

Just got this, and don't know what to make of it:

Hello,

My clients are new in town and are seeking an EA & CPA in your State  as they have just recently moved from  New Jersey, got your contact from  EA & CPA listings. Please kindly reach me back via email or text on phone as I would be attending series of meetings today and tomorrow and might not be able to receive calls. Get back to me so I can make a formal introduction and if you have any referrals kindly forward please .

(name of), PA
(address)
(supposed principal), MBA, CPA
Phone Number: ()
(email)

I googled the person's name, and it seems to be an accounting firm that specializes in out-sourcing the accounting for medical practices.  They do everything BUT insurance billing.  

Anyone have an opinion on whether or not I should respond at all - even if all I would say is, "not interested, thanks"?

The text is generic and could apply to any one of the thousands of emails that were sent out.

It doesn't address Catherine by name.  It says

'my clients are new in town", which would imply his town.  It also says "in your state" instead of MA.

I would hit the Spam button on this one.

• Like 4

It is a phishing e-mail.  Delete.  Do not respond.  We have 7 different company e-mails here at the firm and all have received the same e-mail.

If you wish to incur another computer cleanup and virus removal, then click on the link.

I NEVER, EVER click on links.  

• Like 2