ATX Community

N/T Sold Business

MsTabbyKats

The results of my annual mammogram were not good....I have a small malignant mass.  It's very small, not an aggressive form of cancer, and after a lumpectomy and radiation treatment I should be "back to normal".

However, as soon as I heard "cancer" I decided that I had enough with my business.  I found an established CPA looking to expand on Craigslist last Thursday.  We spent a few minutes on the phone; he came here on Sunday....and in 1 hour and 40 minutes...we shook hands.  I'm happy with the price; he's happy with the client list (he already got a new client who was referred to me).

• Like 1

Dear MsTabby Kats, I am so sorry to hear of this development.  I certainly pray for the outcome predicted and congratulate you on your decision to step away from unneeded stress.  How wonderful that things with your practice worked out so well and so quickly!  Sometimes it seems this was just waiting in the wings and right choice.

I do hope this doesn't mean we won't still be hearing from you.  When you are back to normal, do let us know and let us support you on the journey.  And let the buyer know of this great group, too.

Hugs from afar...

• Like 9

MsTabbyKats, Margaret expressed beautifully and exactly my sentiments in her post above.  I wish you well on your journey through treatments, that it is without complication and is as pain-free as is possible, and that your return to full health is swift.  I, too, hope you will keep in touch with us here even though you will no longer be practicing.    

• Like 4

Sorry to hear that, I know exactly how it feels to hear the C word, and don't wish it on anyone.  But I'll keep you in mt prayers, and hope all the news stays good going forward.  And I think you made the right business decision too.  Time to focus on what really matters, and step away from the stress of tax season.  But don't drop us, you are still welcome here!

• Like 3

Thanks for the well wishes......

I've been getting very frustrated the past few years....with being "the tax police" for eitc....."obamacare".....no phone service at IRS.....and the list goes on.

I had been trying to phase out......and as soon as I heard the C word....I cancelled anything I ordered for the upcoming season and wrote an "away message" on my e-mail with a couple of referrals.

The man who bought the business is absolutely perfect for my clientele.  And for those who can't/won't/don't e-mail....he has an office in the most convenient and central location here.  Finding him, and a quick sale was truly a sign from the cosmos........... (It took DH 6 years to sell his business...at a price much lower than he wanted.)

• Like 8

Dear MsTabbyKats:

You have my prayers for a full and swift recovery.  I am very glad you found a good buyer so quickly; the last thing you need is to be worrying about a business.  Take care of yourself, and keep posting here!  We will support you, listen to you -- and you can take pot shots as those of us who have not (yet?) high-tailed it for the nearest faraway place from taxes.

Margaret said everything else I would have said, and she said it better than I would have.

• Like 6