ATX Community

LAUGH OF THE DAY

kcjenkins

A new business is open and one of the owner’s friends wants to send him flowers for the occasion. They arrive at the business site and the owner reads the card: “Rest in Peace.” Understandably the owner is angry and calls the florist to complain. After he tells the florist the obvious mistake and how angry he is, the florist replies, “Sir, I’m really sorry for the mistake, but rather than getting angry, you should imagine this. Somewhere there is a funeral taking place today, and they have flowers with a card saying, ‘Congratulations on your new location.’”

• Like 2

This reminds me of the true story of an elderly aunt of mine.  All her life she said her final instructions should include a particular piece of music she wanted played at her funeral.  Most of us laughed it off as just one of her many eccentricities.  But sure enough, as they wheeled the casket out of the church, the organ struck up one of the loudest renditions of the "Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's Messiah that I've ever heard.  She would have been pleased to have flowers with that card attached.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...