ATX Community

Oddball glitch in print menu

Catherine

Has anyone else noticed this?

When I go to print, in the "Client Letters" section of the print page, I expand the choices. I prefer to print the return cover page and to _not_ print the options and privacy notice, so I need to click to check/uncheck the correct boxes. But if I click too quickly, the program _closes_ the expanded list and the _moves_ the letter section higher up in the print queue!!

This has happened numerous times both this year and last (and probably before that, too, but memory gets hazy), and I am _not_ doing the highlight-and-drop thing that does rearrange the queue.

It's not exactly bad -- but it is annoying to have to be careful and to have to re-arrange things when I'm not going slowly enough. And heaven knows that it just gets harder from here to go extra slow on some persnickety little detail that should just go by rote.

Anyone else? Perchance any fixes?

Catherine

I've had that happen also. It's sort of annoying. So now, when I want to print the Return Cover Sheet, I do that first and from within the return when it's open. (I have my list of forms open on the left. I click on the Client Ltr: Fed tab on the left, then click Return Cover Sheet on the bottom and click "page" at the top to just print that page) Does that make sense? :)

I don't believe you guys really have these problems, for 2-3 years ATX swore only i had the print menu items jumping around as i clicked them. Either you guys are lying or a major tax preparer software company with impeccable integrity and a policy of always doing whats best for their customers was lying to me. Next you'll tell me there is no Santa Claus either!

I don't believe you guys really have these problems, for 2-3 years ATX swore only i had the print menu items jumping around as i clicked them. Either you guys are lying or a major tax preparer software company with impeccable integrity and a policy of always doing whats best for their customers was lying to me. Next you'll tell me there is no Santa Claus either!

I do not know about the Santa Claus thing...but I have also had (and still have) this annoying problem.

If you click the Restore icon at the top of the printer queue it will put things back in order quickly.

Thanks for this tip -- as well as others who responded.

In general, I don't print much of anything to _paper_ from ATX itself. I order items that need to be single-page first (cover sheet, instruction letters, etc), then all the rest -- and then I print to pdf. Once I have the pdf, I can print double-sided from my printer. Roughly half as much paper for my and my clients' files, at the price of a bit more clicking and choosing, and slightly slower printing.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who sees this glitch.

Catherine

Yes, it certainly is annoying.

I'm also having another printing problem. When I print only the filing copies, all returns print. But if I ask for the filing copies & client copies to print, then I don't get everything. It skips printing the filing copies of the state return. This has happened more than a couple of times.