ATX Community

ATX good from the shelf

Pacun

During the ATX storm, I predicted that the software was going to be good every year after because they fix all issues during that one year. I also predicted that people who left were coming back in a couple of years BUT I underestimated the power of marketing from Pro Series. People are not coming back because Pro Series made them a very good offer for 5 years. If I am not mistaken, they are paying less for Pro Series for 5 years and there is no motivation to come.

How is the software this year?

13 hours ago, RitaB said:

I'm not having any trouble, except the letters.  Hate the letters.  Updates mess with my editing.  I see no reason to ever use 10 point font in a letter.   Ever.  Hate the narrow margins, too.  Otherwise, I'm doing fine over here. 

I hear ya, sister! Letters take way too much time and my edits never stay. I export the templates and copy/paste the letters into rtf files in my documents so I can import or copy/paste to fix the letters. Though most of the time I just edit/save the letters.

I like the small margins because I like a letter with estimates and one state to fit on one page. My letters only go to two pages if there is more than one state and there are balances due and estimates. I don't care if my signature block ends up on page 2.

But I agree that 10pt is too small. I use 12 pt Book Antigua.

CLIENTTEST.pdf

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

I hear ya, sister! Letters take way too much time and my edits never stay. I export the templates and copy/paste the letters into rtf files in my documents so I can import or copy/paste to fix the letters. Though most of the time I just edit/save the letters.

I like the small margins because I like a letter with estimates and one state to fit on one page. My letters only go to two pages if there is more than one state and there are balances due and estimates. I don't care if my signature block ends up on page 2.

But I agree that 10pt is too small. I use 12 pt Book Antigua.

CLIENTTEST.pdf

I use Arial 14 pt.  I don't have many state returns, so I have room, and I omit the tax bracket lines at the bottom. I don't know what the hell happened to the "your return will be e-filed".  I have tried to get it back, and I'm not holding my teeth right.  I played around with color and cursive font some, too.  It's a girl thing.

ATXLetterCoverSheet.pdf

• Like 4

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:52 PM, RitaB said:

I'm not having any trouble, except the letters.  Hate the letters.  Updates mess with my editing.  I see no reason to ever use 10 point font in a letter.   

11 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

I agree that 10pt is too small. I use 12 pt Book Antigua.

CLIENTTEST.pdf

Especially since most courts want 12 pt. at a minimum in any submissions.    But when was/is government consistent?

Anybody having any luck/expertise in creating "variables" for the insertion in the letters?  -- I can not figure out how and end up just creating a different letter template.

1 minute ago, easytax said:

Anybody having any luck/expertise in creating "variables" for the insertion in the letters?  -- I can not figure out how and end up just creating a different letter template.

I use variables all the time. You just drag them from the list on the right and drop them where you want them in the letter.

11 hours ago, RitaB said:

I use Arial 14 pt.  I don't have many state returns, so I have room, and I omit the tax bracket lines at the bottom. I don't know what the hell happened to the "your return will be e-filed".  I have tried to get it back, and I'm not holding my teeth right.  I played around with color and cursive font some, too.  It's a girl thing.

ATXLetterCoverSheet.pdf

Yeah, but then you need a color printer!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

I use variables all the time. You just drag them from the list on the right and drop them where you want them in the letter.

That part I can do --- it is creating the Variables and adding them to that list on the side I can't figure out.