ATX Community

Scanning Software

Yardley CPA

Like some others, I use Fujitsu ScanSnap and the software that comes with it.  My model is S1500 but I think it has been superseded.  I love it as it is fast, scans both sides and is compact.  Best $400 I spent in my practice.  I also have Win 7 Pro, they play very well together for me.  I also have Scansoft Paperport which came with my Brother MFC.  Works great, too.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Yardley CPA said:
40 minutes ago, Yardley CPA said:

Can anyone suggest a decent scanning software?  I am currently using NAP 52 with a Lexmark CX410 scanner,  The program is not working well on my new computer.  Windows 7 Pro is the OS.

Thank you. 

How much did you pay for NAPS2 software?

Try re-downloading the most recent version and see if that works, also what operating system were on you on before?  WIN 7 has been around since late 2009 and it's almost out the door and being replaced with WIN 10.  I also recommend Scansnap and the Fujitsu s1500, best invention since whipped cheese in a can.

When you say NAP 52 do you mean NAPS2?

I use Advanced Scan to PDF free. It's really small and will save the pdf to your desktop. Only problem is you have to change the name manually and then move it to the correct folder. I keep everything in the same folder for easy saving. What I like is how lite it is and doesn't bog down my laptop at all. I can have 4 different tax software programs running plus my scanner software and Adobe reader - no problem. I use Drake and OLTPRO plus I always have this year plus last years copy running on different monitors so I can continually see last years return. Scansoft would always bog down my computer.

Want something REALLY cool and likely free? Bittorrent Sync. You load it on your computer and then on another computer (mine is at home for safety). It's running in the background and will save everything in a particular set of folders automatically onto the other computer. Instant backup without using a cloud service. Plus I can use the copy at home if needed.