ATX Community

trouble e-filing 1065

L.S.

Am trying to e-file 1065 with the 8879-PE and rejected - error 900 - the return type indicated in the return header must match the return type established with the IRS for the EIN and also error 905 - EFIN in the return header must be listed int eh e-file database and in accepted status.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Am trying to e-file 1065 with the 8879-PE and rejected - error 900 - the return type indicated in the return header must match the return type established with the IRS for the EIN and also error 905 - EFIN in the return header must be listed int eh e-file database and in accepted status.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

The red type above the form 8879-PE says ATX does not support the modern efile system for the current tax year '2006' (sic),

I have copied and pasted it here for you.....

The 8879-PE is for use in the IRS Modernized E-file System. For the current tax year, 2006, ATX only supports the Legacy System. The 8879-PE can only be used when filing an extension using Form 7004, which is modernized. ATX does support the modernized 7004. Returns that are not extensions should use the 8453-P. There is no PIN option using the Legacy System.

Please see page 3 of the 1065 instructions.

Page 3 of the instructions says you have to file a PDF copy of the 8453-P with the efile. ATX program instructions says ATX does support attaching the PDF to the file. I have not tried it yet. I am still waiting for this client to come sign it.

Hope this helps

There is a bug in the program with the UPE. Not that ATX has found it nor do I have time to spend an hour trying to tell them where the error is.

The error message has to do with the UPE carrying to the SE Tax worksheet. The UPE I have is NOT for SE Income -- Rental Real Estate (Passive Income). Therefore, the program was incorrectly calculating the SE tax and deducting these expenses from his Schedule C income.

I deleted the amount from the SE worksheet and it created the efile just fine.

I have tried ALL the above suggestions - -I have a 1065 with rental income only - -got rid of the SE - - -still getting the SAME error - -

Sooooooooooooooooo, does ANYONE have any other suggestions??

I also cannot efile any 1120S returns - - - yuk!!!

Stuck in 10 inches of HEAVY snow in buffalo - -so I am getting caught up!!!

Thanks!

Terry O

I have tried ALL the above suggestions - -I have a 1065 with rental income only - -got rid of the SE - - -still getting the SAME error - -

Sooooooooooooooooo, does ANYONE have any other suggestions??

I also cannot efile any 1120S returns - - - yuk!!!

Stuck in 10 inches of HEAVY snow in buffalo - -so I am getting caught up!!!

Thanks!

Terry O

I cannot file them either. Have tried one last time and they are now sitting in "Validated Limboland". If they come back one more time, I will paper file. Don't have time to fool around and WI has to be paper filed anyway.

Thanks for the response - - sorry for the delay - -major snow storm here - -

I am ATTEMPTING to file a 1065 that only has rental activity - -

I am STILL getting the rejection code MEFUSR0000-905 seq 0 - -

NO response from ATX - -no surprise - -I am giving it one more day here on the community - -then I have no choice but to print & get it to the client so HE can get it out by the 15th!

NO response from ATX - -no surprise - -I am giving it one more day here on the community - -then I have no choice but to print & get it to the client so HE can get it out by the 15th!

The due date for the 1065 is 4/15/08. No need to worry, still plenty of time.

u do know its due 4/15 right?

Yes, I think we all know that. I just gave up this morning after the fourth 905 Reject (Database Validation Error). This isn't even a "jump-to" error, so realistically we don't even know which form they are talking about. I just put all of my Partnerships in the mail. Will not even try with the rest unless somebody figures out the mysterious 905 Code.

I was wondering how the efiling of 1065 and 1120S returns was working. Especially thru ATX. I got set up to do them last year but haven't done any yet. I've only done 1040s and I still have quite a few paper 1040s. I'm doing more and more efiled 1040s each year though.

I am trying to efile a 1065 for the first time. I have gotten that same error messages twice. Can't figure out what to do to correct the error. I'll probably do like the others and paper file. I thought I was going to take the easy way out and efile - so much for that!!

Has anyone successfully efiled a 1065 this year? Have you done that in the past? I didn't know if all filers were getting this error or if only new filers were getting the error.

I ended up paper filing all of my Partnerships so far because after a number of tries, I never did figure out the rejection reason and I didn't have time to fool around with it any longer. No, last year I had no problems with e-filing Partnerships.