ATX Community

How should I respond?

ILLMAS

Don't read into it at all, ask them to elaborate.  No reason to spend time trying to answer something when something was not asked...

I get something similar many times a day in many forms.  "I have a problem."  "Can you help me?"  "I am seeing an error message?"  I stopped spending time trying to guess and now just answer with a standard pre built reply.  The reply is fairly long, since it has to cover all sorts of unasked questions, but it is an accurate reply.

2 hours ago, ILLMAS said:

TP left me a weird message today, "I am getting my tax return done right now, but I have a question"? WT_ 

1 hour ago, GeneInAlabama said:

TP may mean that he/she is getting the information "done" to send to you.

That was my guess, too.  And don't you just want to say, "Ask your question.  You don't have to tell me that you have a question.  I know that part.  Let's advance the topic."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I think you're all wrong.  Taxpayer needs information from the prior year for this year's return.

12 minutes ago, ILLMAS said:

Let's change "done" to "prepared"

21 minutes ago, RitaB said:

And don't you just want to say, "Ask your question.  You don't have to tell me that you have a question.  I know that part.  Let's advance the topic."

Hahaha, yes, I see now that the world may never know, but I'm still going with "ask your $%^&*# question first thing, and let's skip the prelude".

• Like 1