ATX Community

WHERE DO THEY GET THESE SUPPORT TECHS?!

Abby Normal

I emailed support about the MD 504 trust return calculating a negative local tax on line 18. I didn't bother to explain that it should be zero because THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A NEGATIVE TAX. Today I get a long email explaining that math gives you a negative tax when you have a loss. I'll let you read it for yourself:

Good Afternoon,

I have your 1041 return open, I went to MD 504, K01 page 2 line 18, and I see it pink override. When I restore the field, I get -7. Line 18 states Local tax, multiply MD tax table from line 10 by .0240. Line 10 of MD 504, K-1 is -284x.0240= -6.816 round off to -7. If the tax is incorrect on line 18. If not to be -7, what is it suppose to be? How did you determine the Tax Table for line 18 is incorrect? Can you point me to where the % may be wrong.

I searched MD State DOR found
Talbot County 2.40%

Again my total is still -7 (-700) for line 18. Please reply back to what I should be seeing, how much you think it should be. What do you see that I can't see? You may need to call us on Monday so we can remote and review return with you. Please reply back attention David with a break down of what it should be, what I need to look at that you found to be incorrect. I will attach a screen shot how you sent return to me, and how I restored it to show -7.

My response was quite short and may have contained some caps and exclamation points. :wall:

• Like 6