ATX Community

April Fools, IT'SAD

FDNY

So I check with my doctor the other day to find out what's ailing me.  He said I had IT'SAD, Income Tax Season Affective Disorder.  This malady was first recognized by Dr. Walter N. Cluer of the renowned ATX Institute or the Amsterdam Taxpreparers Xfile Institute in the Netherlands.

Some of the indications are, Fear of missing something if you don't visit this board daily.

Grief, when opening a tax package and seeing a crumpled, sticky, coffee and spaghetti sauce (or blood) stained documents.

Headache, from breathing the odor of tax documents that smell like a pack of Marlboros.

Sadness, when receiving a long fax with 50 pages of a year end brokerage statement with instructions.

Anger, when realizing you are out of fax ink and machine keeps beeping. 

I'm sure many of you have other symptoms.  I asked if there was a remedy and he said "No bunky, just therapy from a support group".  I hope everyone here gets the help they need if they are affected, and it is good to know we have a great support group right here.  Thanks to all, I feel better already.

Don't let the April fools get you down, they all just realized what date is fast approaching.

• Like 17

just did my annual paper clip stunt. 

Xerox a large paperclip onto a sheet of paper, fill the paper tray with about 100 copies and ask the intern to make me a copy of something.  This year she got it fast.  Last year the person was taking apart the machine, looking for a stuck paper clip inside. Cursing etc.  The whole office was hysterical. went on for about 3 hours until she called for service.. that's when we had to give it up.

• Like 8

My son showed me the engagement ring he bought for his lovely, sweet girlfriend Monday.  They have almost finished building a house, she knows it's coming, and it's been a long time coming, if you know what I mean.  I asked when he was giving it to her.  Friday, but first I have to ask her Dad.  (Awww.)

Is that April Fools' Day?

No, but, wow, you just gave me a great idea.

Me:  NOOOOOOOOOOO.  Do not do whatever it is.   Do NOT. 

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, RitaB said:

Is that April Fools' Day?

No, but, wow, you just gave me a great idea.

Me:  NOOOOOOOOOOO.  Do not do whatever it is.   Do NOT. 

RitaB, if there is one thing you must teach your young man, if you haven't already, is that we women NEVER forget anything.  :P  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jklcpa said:

RitaB, if there is one thing you must teach your young man, if you haven't already, is that we women NEVER forget anything.  :P  

I would like to add  something I learned the hard way.   On their wedding day someone should tell him this, 1.  She is always right.  2.  Give her whatever she wants.  3.  If you have an argument refer back to #1.  Happy wife, happy life.   So far, it's worked for me, #25 this year.

• Like 5