ATX Community

How about some iced coffee, with ice

ILLMAS

How silly.  When I get a cold drink I always ask for either zero or very little ice.  No server, ever, anywhere, has objected to that (although sometimes in busy restaurants they forget).  It's just too easy to scoop up too much ice.  Open your mouth and say what you want; done.

Here's a good place to "go public" with my Italian Grandmother Tribunal idea for tort reform.  Before you can bring a lawsuit, you have to go before a tribunal of Italian grandmothers to present your case.  If their response is, "What are you, stupid?!" with a good slap upside the head, your "case" is dismissed - permanently.  If they add "And if everyone jumps of the bridge you gonna jump too?" then YOU pay damages.  Only if they agree do you get to sue.

End of frivolous lawsuit problem.  (Side note: my nonna had a heavy hand;  you did NOT want that slap and would take big steps to avoid one!  Bless her; she was a good woman.) 

• Like 10

What a great off season post!  Catherine, my Nonna would say, you could buy education, but not common sense, first generation American taught me how to make a great marinara.  Mike, as an emigrant from Long Island, I remember the sweeter the soda, the more slices you would buy (Salerno's on Union Turnpike) , and they were the best!  Elrod, this is my wife's preference, the Coffee Queen, now everyone knows the recipe for the best iced coffee, you did a public service, summer is coming.

• Like 1