ATX Community

September and October Clients

RitaB

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:51 PM, joanmcq said:

I'm moving to just south of Reno.  I really don't want to be driving over the mountains in the snow, especially when I've got to move my old van conversion. Not to mention drive a moving truck. And then there's the risk of pipes or the irrigation system freezing at the new house. 

You have been a fixture in the Sacramento area for a long time.  Are you going to keep your practice or sell and start over?  Or just keep your clients and do the returns remotely?  None of my business, but I thought you had a pretty good size practice and I am surprised to see you moving.

Tom
Newark

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:56 AM, RitaB said:

"Yes, we were covered by health insurance."

"I need the amount you paid in premiums."

"204 a month."

"Did you get your coverage thru the marketplace?"

"Yes."

SOOOOOOOO, now instead of self-employed health insurance deduction, I am telling them how to get a 1095-A and wondering how much PTC they are going to pay back. 

Well, it turns out that no, they were not covered by health insurance January - June, they owe over $9k, and husband left me a voice mail Friday after hours:  "To be on the safe side, let's get another extension." 

These two new clients are going to be two of my favorites in a few years.  I just know it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RitaB said:

Well, it turns out that no, they were not covered by health insurance January - June, they owe over $9k, and husband left me a voice mail Friday after hours:  "To be on the safe side, let's get another extension." 

These two new clients are going to be two of my favorites in a few years.  I just know it.

Is it time for hugs?

• Like 6

On October 8, 2016 at 0:38 PM, BulldogTom said:

You have been a fixture in the Sacramento area for a long time.  Are you going to keep your practice or sell and start over?  Or just keep your clients and do the returns remotely?  None of my business, but I thought you had a pretty good size practice and I am surprised to see you moving.

Tom
Newark

I figured out that I can do most of my clients remotely; heck even a lot of the locals do remote now. I can come down for a week and clear out the stragglers. I'll have to file CA returns anyways since I have rental properties. 

I got a really nice totally unsolicited offer on my house, and Stagecoach NV is inexpensive. I'll be able to retire or slow down a good 5 or more years before I could without the move. Plus, the new house has central heat & air, a dishwasher, a garage and many many other things I've never had before ;). And it's on one level...I just fell down my front stairs again so not having any is a plus!

• Like 11

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:16 PM, joanmcq said:

I figured out that I can do most of my clients remotely; heck even a lot of the locals do remote now. I can come down for a week and clear out the stragglers. I'll have to file CA returns anyways since I have rental properties. 

I got a really nice totally unsolicited offer on my house, and Stagecoach NV is inexpensive. I'll be able to retire or slow down a good 5 or more years before I could without the move. Plus, the new house has central heat & air, a dishwasher, a garage and many many other things I've never had before ;). And it's on one level...I just fell down my front stairs again so not having any is a plus!

Congratulations.  I wish the best for you and glad to hear about your good fortune.

Tom
Newark, CA

• Like 5

It's definitely October.  Business client finally brought in his six months of missing bank statements, except only four months were in there.  Someday I hope to find out if he had health insurance.  Another will bring her father's docs in on Friday, and by the way "he sold a lot of old stocks this year." I'm sure every single one will have basis clearly stated.  A Sch C client who manages to have an entry on every single line just brought in his stack of folders, the contents of which are so random I don't understand the need for folders.  Oh yea, this one has several foreign income sources that have to be converted to US dollars.  And the folks with the three years of returns and over $20k in refunds.....still waiting.

• Like 7