ATX Community

September and October Clients

RitaB

"Yes, we were covered by health insurance."

"I need the amount you paid in premiums."

"204 a month."

"Did you get your coverage thru the marketplace?"

"Yes."

SOOOOOOOO, now instead of self-employed health insurance deduction, I am telling them how to get a 1095-A and wondering how much PTC they are going to pay back. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Catherine said:

Remember to tell them to blame their legis-vermin - not you - for the delay, aggravation, and cost.  

:wall:

Well, I will do that after I hug them for losing the $%^& 1095-A.  And being surprised that making $20,000 more than last year will affect their subsidy.  They are supposed to stay poor for all this to work.  :P

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, RitaB said:

I just let the answering machine pick up my favorite.  She's saying, for the 10th year in a row, "OMG, I have been so busy, if I get my stuff to you by Friday can you get my return done?!"  And I will not see her Friday.

"I will put your return at the bottom of the stack of 35 other returns that have come in in the last 3 days.  I will contact you when your return is complete."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RitaB said:

I just let the answering machine pick up my favorite.  She's saying, for the 10th year in a row, "OMG, I have been so busy, if I get my stuff to you by Friday can you get my return done?!"  And I will not see her Friday.

38 minutes ago, Jack from Ohio said:

"I will put your return at the bottom of the stack of 35 other returns that have come in in the last 3 days.  I will contact you when your return is complete."

Why are you talking to my answering machine?  Of course that's what I'll tell her when she drops off.  Until then, I got stuff to do.

• Like 1

A problem with those lost 1095As is that if you later get insurance off the exchange, you no longer have internet access to your account.  Have a client who got a job with insurance during 2015 and cancelled her exchange policy.  Of course she can't find that pesky form at this late date and can't retrieve it online. 

• Like 1

My late clients are even worse for me because I'm I'm the process of moving and I can't dismantle my home office and get a final moving date until I'm done with this tax season. I'd like to be out of my current house by Oct. 30.  The sooner I get this done, the sooner I can start packing for real. I'm almost done with the ones where I have all the info, but then there's a stack of 'missing one or two pieces' that I've requested over & over. 

And it's already stRted snowing in the Sierra. Don't want to move in the %}€^ cold through the snow!

• Like 5

Why all these sudden problems with the 1095A.  Either they didn't get them; the got it and didn't know what it was for or (this one was really something) tried to do his own return by hand and figured the PTC without having the 1095A from the Marketplace.  Also, wherever that Marketplace is, they need some attention.  They told one client that they mailed it five times.  How come the client didn't get at least one of those five?  Am going nuts right along with the rest of you.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, mcb39 said:

Why all these sudden problems with the 1095A.  Either they didn't get them; the got it and didn't know what it was for or (this one was really something) tried to do his own return by hand and figured the PTC without having the 1095A from the Marketplace.  Also, wherever that Marketplace is, they need some attention.  They told one client that they mailed it five times.  How come the client didn't get at least one of those five?  Am going nuts right along with the rest of you.

If this is the federal marketplace your client should be able to print that 1095A out himself by logging on to the site and downloading the 1095A. They are posted as messages in the mailbox there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jklcpa said:

If this is the federal marketplace your client should be able to print that 1095A out himself by logging on to the site and downloading the 1095A. They are posted as messages in the mailbox there.

Yes, and I think the client in my original post probably had an insurance agent that signed her up.   She didn't even know how they signed up and was going to ask hubby.  I told her that the insurance agent is getting a monthly commission, and I would not hesitate to enlist his help in getting another 1095A. I do not blame the insurance agent, but he's making money on this, and I'm not.  I'm still waiting, because frankly, these people are irresponsible in the extreme.  They've had nine months to take care of taxes.  They could have made a baby by now.  This is my first, and probably last, year with this client.  If I don't fire them, they'll no doubt fire me when they see what they owe.   

• Like 4

10 hours ago, RitaB said:

Yes, and I think the client in my original post probably had an insurance agent that signed her up.   She didn't even know how they signed up and was going to ask hubby.  I told her that the insurance agent is getting a monthly commission, and I would not hesitate to enlist his help in getting another 1095A. I do not blame the insurance agent, but he's making money on this, and I'm not.  I'm still waiting, because frankly, these people are irresponsible in the extreme.  They've had nine months to take care of taxes.  They could have made a baby by now.  This is my first, and probably last, year with this client.  If I don't fire them, they'll no doubt fire me when they see what they owe.   

Resist the urge to hug her!!

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:16 PM, joanmcq said:

I'm the process of moving ...And it's already stRted snowing in the Sierra. Don't want to move in the %}€^ cold through the snow!

Are you moving out of the valley and into the mountains?   Just saw the pictures of Donner Summit today and it is all white.

But it is supposed to be 85-89 in the valley again by the weekend.

Tom
Newark, CA

• Like 1

On October 3, 2016 at 0:16 PM, BulldogTom said:

Are you moving out of the valley and into the mountains?   Just saw the pictures of Donner Summit today and it is all white.

But it is supposed to be 85-89 in the valley again by the weekend.

Tom
Newark, CA

I'm moving to just south of Reno.  I really don't want to be driving over the mountains in the snow, especially when I've got to move my old van conversion. Not to mention drive a moving truck. And then there's the risk of pipes or the irrigation system freezing at the new house. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, jklcpa said:

Because most of them were not smart enough to write their password down in a safe place instead of on the back of an old envelope that they threw away.  Just completed two more yesterday.  One Gal didn't even know enough to give me the 1095A because she didn't know what it was for.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mcb39 said:

One Gal didn't even know enough to give me the 1095A because she didn't know what it was for.

This is what amazes me.  There's a letter in there telling them what it's for.  But here's the run down on remodeling their personal residence and their vet bills.  Oh, good.

• Like 6

October clients just aren't understandable.  Have one right now with two kids in college (could use the money) who hasn't filed for three years.  I completed what I could and told them their combined refunds are approaching $29k.  One would think they would get me those few missing pieces of info like yesterday.  Still waiting.....

• Like 3