ATX Community

Rejects?

Cathy

From ATX E-File support site:  

Updated 4-4-2017

The IRS is experiencing intermittent transmission issues affecting all years and all return types.
You may continue efiling as normal, just be aware that acks may take longer than usual.

For those that don't click on the links, this is the contents from my link above where ATX- Stephanie addressed this problem in an ATX blog post back in February.  It's a local computer issue having to do with the computer's internet connection at the time the return or e-file is created.  I read another post that says this can happen sometimes if the computer is connected to the internet via a wireless connection where that IP address inserted has a problem. 

Issue:  Your efiled return has received IRS Reject 196 or 195

IND-196 - 'IPAddress' in 'AtSubmissionFilingGrp' in 'FilingSecurityInformation' in the Return Header must have a valid value.

or

IND-195 - 'IPAddress' in 'AtSubmissionCreationGrp' in 'FilingSecurityInformation' in the Return Header must have a valid value.

Solution:
Verify that you are connected to the internet.
Close ATX and reopen ATX -this is the key step to perform while connected to the internet
Create a new efile for that return and send

Why are you seeing these IP Address rejects repeatedly?  ATX inserts the current IP Address into the return efile and this is accomplished via a live internet connection. When you are not connected to the internet while creating the return...or while creating the efile...an invalid IP Address is inserted, causing the reject.

Posted 4th February by Stephanie Bradford

I recreated and E-Filed each return.  This morning I saw where they had been accepted last night.  The returns were rejected by "The Agency", and as IRS was definitely having problems, I guess I just lucked up and filed my "group" of 2 just at the split second of doom! :)