ATX Community

Slow but trend - Conn adds regulations for unenrolled preparers

easytax

I did hear something in a ethics course, I think from APlusCPE, that still seems profound to me.  The presenter said, "Never underestimate your client's intelligence.  Always underestimate your client's knowledge."  That's so good.  We often have situations where the clients know zero, but they're not stupid.  We just need to be good teachers.

Most other courses make my ears bleed and I think oh, come on, just do your job and treat people well and record a credit for me already.

• Like 4

Any of you in the greater tri-state area and even beyond, NY/CT-ATP has an all-day October Seminar that includes 2 hours of Ethics.  We are a private group.  We hire our speakers.  Our education committee decides the curriculum.  We have rejected the Cir. 230 rehash, the directory of IRS positions, and other ear-bleeding topics.  We request topics that are actually happening, what the IRS is looking at, slippery slopes to watch out for, actual case studies/court cases, Q&A, etc.

http://www.nyctatp.org/

Friday 20 October at the Ethan Allen Hotel, Danbury, CT  (special room rates available)

Speakers:  David & Mary Mellem

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

Any of you in the greater tri-state area and even beyond, NY/CT-ATP has an all-day October Seminar that includes 2 hours of Ethics.  We are a private group.  We hire our speakers.  Our education committee decides the curriculum.  We have rejected the Cir. 230 rehash, the directory of IRS positions, and other ear-bleeding topics.  We request topics that are actually happening, what the IRS is looking at, slippery slopes to watch out for, actual case studies/court cases, Q&A, etc.

http://www.nyctatp.org/

Friday 20 October at the Ethan Allen Hotel, Danbury, CT  (special room rates available)

Speakers:  David & Mary Mellem

This really should have it's own topic so that those that might be interested won't miss it since this thread has the title indicating it is about CT moving to regulate unenrolled preparers and Easytax used his opening post to express his feelings on the regulations of CPAs and attorneys vs those of EAs.

Yes, we have David Mellem &/or David & Mary every year or two.  Great speakers.  You can subscribe to their free e-newsletter.  They also research your questions for a nominal fee.  Knowledgeable resources.

Thank you, Judy.  I did start a new topic as you suggested.

• Like 3