ATX Community

ADP Payroll

Terry D EA

I have a client who uses ADP to process their payroll and payroll taxes. Each year there is always some kind of discrepancy. I am beginning to loathe this company. My client has two employees and for the life of me, I can't understand how they (ADP) can mess things up. This year, I have three different figures for the SS withholdings. ADP reports one figure on the PR liability summary, that is 8.25 less than taxes withdrawn from the bank. Of course, there is no breakdown except the ADP liabilities summary. The forms 941 show the actual SS to be $102.50 more than what ADP withdrew from the bank. WTH?. Medicare matches, FUTA matches, NCESCU matches, everything is correct except  the SS. I Went back to their site (Yes, I am an authorized user) to see if there was anything I might have missed and the damn thing is down for maintenance!! In the middle of the day??? So, to add further aggravation, I called ADP and am in line to receive a call back in approximately one hour and 15 mins to one hour and 30 mins. It also looks like they (ADP) failed to deposit enough funds for the 4th quarter and there is an additional amount due per the 941. Yes, my client has a high enough fund balance in the bank so that is not the reason for a shorted deposit. WTH?? Okay, rant over. Where's the head banger emoji when you need it??

Me too, Catherine, after ADP decided to migrate client data from an older system to their newer one several weeks before the end of a quarter and the two reports had to be manually summarized. This was a client with tipped employees that had to be summarized by employee for one reporting and another way for the insurance audits. Exercises in reconciling!  The ADP mastermind that made that decision should have been fired, and it would have been a lot less troublesome for everyone involved if they'd started clean on the new system with the first payroll of the next quarter!

• Like 1

:wall:

Thanks Margaret!!

ADP did return my call, I forwarded the spreadsheet with the errors highlighted for them to review. They said their entire "RUN" system was giving everyone trouble and it was not down for maintenance but having some kind of melt down. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see how they correct the mistakes. I made all  my entries in the client QB file and it shows the same differences as my spreadsheet reconciliation report. 

What is really interesting is the totals are off by $8.25 but... the SS paid was off $51.25. So, as I said, we'll see what they come up with.

• Like 1